Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

How I Ended Up A Wanderer

jazza

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are messing about though, but I'll give you one final clue...

2 of our most meaningful games since 1993 were against this team

Ipswich?

Surely not?

we have a winner!!

I never got into supporting them, just wanted to watch football and they were the closest team after Carlisle to Dumfries.

Newcastle is closer, though

BWFC chose me, I had no expectations of falling in love with the club but there are so many really decent people and absolute notrights who follow the club that I was drawn in. The early 90s were, up to now, the happiest time of my life.

I chose Preston... meant nothing to me but BWFC chose me and will never be forgotten!

I had posted this in another thread, but I thought i;d make a competition of the question at the end... what team did I follow?

This is how i ended up in Bolton:

It was a pissed up darts team weekend away in Blackpool in about 1985 (it was the same night Mike Tyson hammered someone to pulp in 3 rounds.... I'm not sure why that's relevant but i remember it)

I met this bird in a club on Central pier and we hit it off (had it off is prob more accurate)... She was from Horwich. By the time we had finished doing the necessaries under the pier (classy worker me!!) her sister who was driving had got sick of waiting and fucked off home. So I invited her back to our B&B... and being the gentleman I am said I'd drive her home the next morning (Though I had no intention of doing so... I'd never heard of Horwich, I thought she had said Norwich)

Well we got back to said B&B to find that my mate who had copped off with another bird was nowhere to be seen and he had the key... there were no mobiles in these days!

So now i was stuck in Blackpool with a moaning bird, with no room and the prospect of driving to East Anglia in the morning... I wasn't happy at all! mind you I did get my leg over so it wasn't all bad. It was and is a rare occurance!

We were wandering about B&Bland in Blackpool at 3.30AM wondering what the fuck to do when I saw a light on... I knocked the door expecting to be told to fuck off but the landlord was watching the Mike Tyson fight gave us a room for the night.

I got up in the morning (after another session of mad passionate fumbling) and wanted to make my escape, but she was tighter to me than a limpet.... I found out that Horwich was only about 25 miles away so I decided to do the decent thing and take her home.

We got on well sober.. actually hit it off on the way back in the car so I asked her up to visit me in Scotland a few weeks later... and it all went on from there.

That's how i ended up in Bolton (well Horwich)

How i ended up going to Wanderers is a whole different story.... my English team at the time was......

first one to guess gets a +1 (it'll take a while)

so you met no balls in 85 eh

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.