Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Top 10 Cities In The World

As part of the 12 days of Christmas app for iPhone, one of the days they gave away a lonely planet guide to travel for 2012.

Just had a flick through and guimareas is 6th in the top 10 cities of the world! Was there really that much to do there??

Not much to do, but what there was was brilliant!

How many people went up to the castle? Also, there's a church on top of a big fucking hill, walked up there in summer and nearly died. Great view. Not in my top 10 cities though.

You're not on here that much these days so I'll take the opportunity to thank you for banning the Wanderer58 from the site, what an idiot he is.

How many people went up to the castle? Also, there's a church on top of a big fucking hill, walked up there in summer and nearly died. Great view. Not in my top 10 cities though.

I did some sight seeing. Went up the hill on the cable car and had some fish eye stew at the cafe at the top.

I recall very little from Guimareas, aside from seeing my mate drive past in the back of a taxi on the way to the ground, sound asleep wearing a Campo wig T minus 40 minutes to kick off.

I do remember that Porto is a fantastic city for shopping, providing you're only in the market for a handbag or some cake, which are the only two items available.

• Moderators

I did some sight seeing. Went up the hill on the cable car and had some fish eye stew at the cafe at the top.

went to do the cable car bit on the morning of the game and it was shut

forced to go to the bar

My top 10 cities visited are in no particular order

Edinburgh

Prague

Lisbon

San Francisco

Honolulu

Amsterdam

Galle

Dubai

Innsbruck

Las Vegas

Ones that just missed out, Porto, Guimaraes (for the great time i had there, i only really remember a square full of Wanderers fans and a frothing fountain), Sacramento, Newcastle (for the nightlife), St Andrews, Munich

I can't say which is better than another, depending on mood they're all brilliant

• Moderators

I had a fucking big ice cream and lots of water.

I do remember that Porto is a fantastic city for shopping, providing you're only in the market for a handbag or some cake, which are the only two items available.

You are sorted if you need some meat as well. I've never been so happy to see a KFC sign before. Now, I'd head up to the Dolce Vita next to the Dragao for all your UK high street brands.

So, you've never actually been to Orlando then, have you?

Well actually I have. International Drive is in Orlando so figure it out. The point you seem to make is that I haven't been to downtown Orlando which would be like saying I have been to Long Island but not New York.

Well actually I have. International Drive is in Orlando so figure it out. The point you seem to make is that I haven't been to downtown Orlando which would be like saying I have been to Long Island but not New York.

Well, if you think that International Drive makes it one of the world's top cities, fair play to you.

Well, if you think that International Drive makes it one of the world's top cities, fair play to you.

I stated earlier why I like Orlando but don't recall saying it was one of the world's top cities. Not sure why people dislike it so much. It is one of the only places you can go for 3 weeks and have something completely new to do every day all day. If its not peoples cup of tea fair enough but I would much rather go there for a holiday than sit on my arse drinking lager on the beach all day.

Fuckin' hell the thread is about the worlds top 10 cities. Not metropolitan areas.

Florida is just an up market Benidorm. There are far, far nicer places where you can seek adventure. If your after theme parks opt for California, so much more on offer without the council house families who have saved up.