Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Top 10 Cities In The World

Fuckin' hell the thread is about the worlds top 10 cities. Not metropolitan areas.

Florida is just an up market Benidorm. There are far, far nicer places where you can seek adventure. If your after theme parks opt for California, so much more on offer without the council house families who have saved up.

Snob

Never been a council house person and Orlando appeals to me but its a matter of opinion. You could visit Muscat, London or Darwin as other entrys on the list.

California is fantastic also but if you're not wanting to rent a car the theme parks are very spread about.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/england/london/travel-tips-and-articles/76861

• Site Supporter

Never been a council house person and Orlando appeals to me but its a matter of opinion. You could visit Muscat, London or Darwin as other entrys on the list.

California is fantastic also but if you're not wanting to rent a car the theme parks are very spread about.

http://www.lonelypla...-articles/76861

the first thing I saw the 1st time I went to Orlando was a fat family all wearing Chelsea shirts. They were emerging from an all-you-can-eat hovel on international drive.

the theme parks are ok but would disagree that you can do something different every day. It really is like Blackpool. We pulled into the Best western the first night and after seeing the room moved to the Wyndham. It was like a fucking Tarantino movie in the BW. Awful.

Now, Naples, south west Florida is a world apart and proves Americans can get it right.

the first thing I saw the 1st time I went to Orlando was a fat family all wearing Chelsea shirts. They were emerging from an all-you-can-eat hovel on international drive. the theme parks are ok but would disagree that you can do something different every day. It really is like Blackpool. We pulled into the Best western the first night and after seeing the room moved to the Wyndham. It was like a fucking Tarantino movie in the BW. Awful. Now, Naples, south west Florida is a world apart and proves Americans can get it right.

Best Western - you get what you pay for.

7 theme parks

5 water parks

hundereds of quality golf courses

3 major retail outlet centres

numerous water sport centres

beaches with an hours drive

Plenty to do there for starters.

NYC is number one for me. Ive not been to Vegas yet but im sure that is gonna be up there too. I went to Washington DC for the day whilst in NYC and that was a lovely place but i havent explored it in much detail yet.

I did enjoy Munich and Lisbon as well when i put my drink down to have a look around :-)

Edited by tylswhite

Chicago > NY

I agree, I much preferred Chicago to NY

As NB points out, it's a poor show that Hong Kong is only #8, it would certaibly be in my top 3

Las Vegas needs to be up in the top 10 as well - it's great :thumbsup:

edit: Shanghai is superb as well, as is Boston (which again I rate above NY)

Fuck it.....I've probably got more than 10 cities that I think need to be in the top 10........for what it's worth, Orlando isn't one of them

Edited by CWP

I agree, I much preferred Chicago to NY

As NB points out, it's a poor show that Hong Kong is only #8, it would certaibly be in my top 3

Las Vegas needs to be up in the top 10 as well - it's great :thumbsup:

edit: Shanghai is superb as well, as is Boston (which again I rate above NY)

Fuck it.....I've probably got more than 10 cities that I think need to be in the top 10........for what it's worth, Orlando isn't one of them

The coolest bar I ever did go in was in Shanghai, good Lord they do know how to have a good time there. Oh and the noodle bars on the street are fantastic. Yes, Shanghai is great.

I agree with the Boston comment too, I worked there and apart from the residents thinking they're all Irish, it's a pretty interesting and architectually attractive city, though I prefer the quirkiness of NY.

I've been to Orlando twice, but never to Disney World, just didn't float my boat, though I did enjoy Universal. St. Petersburg, Fl is far better.

I'd rather be a 'snob' than a bell end who bases the worth of a City on the theme parks in proximity to it.

Out of interest what makes a City worth visiting for you?

As a bell end I don't only vary my like for Orlando down to theme parks although I do like them.

I thought Stockholm was very average to be honest

I love Vegas and NY,

The best place I've been to is Wailea on Maui; it's not exactly a City though

To be fair, I thought Stockholm was only ok, then did some exploring off the beaten track and found it to be delightful. I like a good building though.