Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tea...in The Morning?

Youri McAnespie

Is it just me who finds the concept of a cup/mug of tea to start the day strange? On the rare occasions I've no coffee in I simply don't bother with having a brew until I'm out and about.

Even stranger are the schoolkids you see swigging down litre bottles of cheap 'energy' drinks first thing, I know they've probably been playing X-Box and/or wanking 'til the early hours but...I'll bet trying to teach them after their high octane 'breakfast' is a right barrel of laughs.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Guest Frandsen08

a glass of water usually makes me feel better when i wake up, then before i start a session i'll have a cup of coffee but i usually have a cup of tea when i get in from work.

I need 2 massive mugs in the morning to function. Otherwise my day tends to go pear shaped. Then a further one at morning brew time. When i get back in from work can easily have another 4/5 cups. Always splash of milk, no sugar.

I'd sooner have longer in bed than arse around in the kitchen of a morning.

I don't touch milk so have a fruit tea or just go straight into the Vimto.

Hot or cold?

I've got right back into hot Vimto recently instead of tea or coffee

Hot or cold?

I've got right back into hot Vimto recently instead of tea or coffee

Either way works for me as long as it's low sugar.

I've a bottle of the mulled Vimto left over in the cupboard by the way. What's the odds it'll still be there next December?

AM Coffee

PM T

Exactly, hence - morning coffee, afternoon tea. Vimto in the mornings? That's almost as odd as the kids with the bargain basement Red Bull, don't you get a Vimto 'smile' as well? Speaking of Vimto, someone (Maggie Tate?) was writing about Vimto and Vodka last summer, well I tried it recently; ice cold fizzy water, ice, dash of 'real' vimto and topped up with Finlandia. It was very nice and all, even better, when people enquired what I was drinking, I could truthfully say 'Vimto' - worked a treat, until I started staggering about and swearing at potted plants...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter

used to drink coffee in the morning then tea all afternoon, 5 or 6 cups comfortably

cut it down to 1 coffee in the the morning and 1 tea in the afternoon last year

this year, 1 mint/fruit/green tea in the morning, 1 fruit mint/fruit/green in the afternoon

water throughout the day

my body is a temple