Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cap On Benefits.

Uncle Albert

Benefits  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fcuk me.

Is Ms Kotecha taking the piss with her slant on poor Ben's plight. Maybe she should give him a good shake and tell him to stop playing computer games and drinking tea all day/night.

... and what's with the "The window is ajar and a crisp cool breeze forces its way through, blowing the curtain into the side table." ??

It's work experience time for schools at the moment so...I think she's setting the scene - or perhaps it's alluding to him being an oxygen thief?

It's another non-story and I'd probably think it was another non-person (like 'Raymond') but the BBC wouldn't dare after recent events. These 'jobseekers', real or not, always seem to make this sort of excuse:

...He doesn't have a plethora of experience. Short stints at factories and restaurants make up the bulk of his CV, along with low-grade A levels in sciences and IT.

Here's a wild and radical thought, if you're that desperate - lie. What's the worst that can happen? You look a twat in the interview? They don't give you the job? You get sacked? The coach you're driving careers off the dual carriageway, killing everyone onboard, because you're partially sighted and can't really drive either?

The kitchen is swamped with dirty plates and cutlery, some of which have been there for weeks. Mould lines the mug from which he drinks tea.

Since when has being jobless had any correlation with living in squallor? He's got all day to tidy up. Keep busy, you Dirty bastard.

And another thing, he might get a job, or at the very least, a shag, if he had a shave.

Hopelessness? I think Ben might just be very lazy.

• Site Supporter

Wonder how many POOR landlords are going to lose out , when this comes in.

http://www.thebolton..._says_landlord/

Multilply this through out this great land of ours, there's going to be one hell of a lot Landlords, who thought they was on a good earner, on us Tax payers Expense, now worrying.

What an awful idea this is.

I can see it getting very messy

Multilply this through out this great land of ours, there's going to be one hell of a lot Landlords, who thought they was on a good earner, on us Tax payers Expense, now worrying.

All those poor landlords (why you had to put that in capitals I don't know) will now have to get their money from the tenants & if they don't why not evict. Why should they have to pay a mortgage for someone to live rent free in their house.

Where are we getting these Trotskiites from?

Engineered to give the unemployed new responsibility with money, to ready them for handling rent and other outgoings when they're working...

Aside from the fucking huge 'when', what a joke - do they expect anyone to swallow this bollocks?

This is a case of giving them enough rope to hang themselves, they know loads of these long-term claimants will default on rent. The private landlords (at a big rent loss/legal expense and inconvenience) will eventually be able to turf them out.

Then the government can re-house them on their own (new) terms.

Typical example: Two glassbacks with four kids living in 3 bedroom semi in Brighton, ?1100 PCM.

They get a lump sum of ?13200 (jesus - reading it as a lump sum is making me irate) for the year.

They blow a good majority of it on crack cocaine, micro-chips, faux leather suites with tellies in the armrests. Landlord Pierre Van Hooodjyonk isn't happy with not getting his cash and sends the boys around...

They're now homeless and indebted to the benefits agency and/or a slumlord - the government agency tasked with re-housing them offers them a take-it-or-leave-it council flat on a sink estate in Barnsley, and a caveat that all housing benefit will now go directly to the local council/housing association.

Their dole money will have ?X deducted weekly until the money they jizzed on tacky baubles, takeaway fripperies, cider, tabs and class As is repayed. Job's a good 'un - without getting their hands dirty.

Has anyone seen that 'experiment' - they leave a young child alone with a; cake with decorations on, a plate of sweets or a soft toy covered with a blanket. Before the adult leaves the kid alone they give them instructions not to; touch the cake, eat the sweets or look at what's under the blanket until they (the adult) comes back...Guess what the hidden camera reveals happens 99% of the time?

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Little Whitt sneaking in and making a bee line for the underwear drawer? :unknw:

Arsene Wenger paedo hiding under the blanket?

Bizarrely, one time they had used a Kermit toy - this one wasn't of the 'hello.jpg' variety though.

It does seem a bit off tangent that bit at the end, my point was if you leave a nipper with a big cake, a plate of toffees or a 'mystery' (stuffed toy under blanket) - then tell them:

"I'm going out of the room for something, please don't; pinch a decoration off the cake, eat any of the toffees, look under the blanket etc. until I get back then you can; have some cake, a toffee, a look at what's under the blanket..."

The kid (I think they have to be 5 or under) will, 99 times out of a 100, do the one thing you've asked them not to do the second they're alone.

Give a couple, like my theoretical Brighton glassbacks a ?13,000 lump sum - with the instruction to pay their landlord rent for the year, what will likely happen? That's what I was (using a piss-poor non-sequitur admittedly) trying to illustrate.

You're talking out of your arse again.

I am a landlord who houses someone via the social. The amount I get is ?27 per month short of what it costs for the mortgage. I've also got to keep the house habitable, insure it, pay maintenance costs etc.

Do you realise the social tell US what we get and not the other way round?

The other cunt I rented it out to pissed his housing benefit up the wall owing me nearly ?3k, and other than threaten him there was fuck al lI could do about it other than spend 7 months evicting him.

Please stop giving it the old "try surviving on ?67.50 / week line". Its bollocks, add the Housing benefit, Council tax exemption on ffs.

I feel sorry for the fella who works full time on NMW (e.g 35 hrs @ ?6.08 = ?212.80)

after tax / NI he gets exactly ?190.13

He the pays his rent ?90 / week = ?390 / month = ?100.13 / week left over

He then pays his council tax = ?20 / week = ?80.13 / week left over.

He then pays for his return bus / train to and from work each day = ?2.50 / day = ?12.50 / week

He is left over with ?67.63 and he is better off than the claimant by 13p a week.

Nobody would say that this guy earns ?67.63 a week, that is what his disposable income is. Please dont say you only get ?67.50 on jobseekers as in most cases its bullshit and is unfair on those that work / pay taxes.

What happened to the coalition's favourite soundbite 'taking the low-waged out of tax'? They shouldn't have to pay income tax on NMW, they should have their 'stamp' paid for too...it's not much, but it's a start.

Smiffs is right, if your single then the amount paid toward rent is dictated by the social - if they choose to live above basic requirements as defined by Housing Benefit then they must find the shortfall.

Giving the cash directly to the claimant is absolute madness, for all concerned - why put temptation in a pisscan's way? Expect private landlords to get fucked over then take on another DHSS tenant?

You're talking out of your arse again.

I am a landlord who houses someone via the social. The amount I get is ?27 per month short of what it costs for the mortgage. I've also got to keep the house habitable, insure it, pay maintenance costs etc.

Do you realise the social tell US what we get and not the other way round?

The other cunt I rented it out to pissed his housing benefit up the wall owing me nearly ?3k, and other than threaten him there was fuck al lI could do about it other than spend 7 months evicting him.

First of all it's you who's talking out his Arse again.

I was just pointing out a story from Bolton News, about Landlord who must be getting a considerable amount of Tax payers money.

I think it's quite reasonable to assume that there are much bigger Landlords in this Country ,who are getting a lot more Tax Payers Money.

This all added together must be well into the Millions.

Has for being a Trotsky or Red, i'm not, i just have different point of view, if you don't like it, tough.

It seems if anybody questions the Tory Doctrine on this board the same old people try and make out that they're are superior and never wrong.

The thing is white-50

The landlord may be getting a huge ammount of money from the government but they are paying huge ammounts in mortgage repayments and upkeep of the properties. In that very piece in the BEN that you have highligted the lanlord talks about how he has lost fortunes when benefit claimants have not passed on the housing benefit. The government will not recoup these losses for him. Also if the properties lose value the landlord is out of pocket again.

The problem here is a minority of benefit claimants not passing on the benefit which they should do and this for me should be classed as benefit fraud and be dealt with as so. If alot of folk stopped buying properties to let out then the rental prices would shoot up and local authorities would have to increase the ammount that they pay to claimants.

First of all it's you who's talking out his Arse again.

I was just pointing out a story from Bolton News, about Landlord who must be getting a considerable amount of Tax payers money.

I think it's quite reasonable to assume that there are much bigger Landlords in this Country ,who are getting a lot more Tax Payers Money.

This all added together must be well into the Millions.

Has for being a Trotsky or Red, i'm not, i just have different point of view, if you don't like it, tough.

It seems if anybody questions the Tory Doctrine on this board the same old people try and make out that they're are superior and never wrong.

I'm not a Tory, I just think the attitude you seem to have towards landlords makes you sound more left wing than Ken Livingstone.

You need to look at the point of view of the landlord too, they're not all millionaire Jews who spend their evenings counting the cash they've creamed off your hard earned taxes.

Maybe you should focus on why are many are having their rent paid by the state.

...millionaire Jews who spend their evenings counting the cash they've creamed off your hard earned taxes.

That's the second time this week you've alluded to Jews as being crafty, 'Shylock' type characters (Daniel Levy in another thread), under my three-strikes rule, one more and I'm reporting you to 'Searchlight' and The Anti-Defamation League.

I suspect you to be a rabid anti-see-might, but I'll hold forth on further action - For Now... :)