Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Argies On The News

jules_darby

They've renamed their football league The General Belgrano league or something like that, they're ramping up the propaganda in the country oh, and the cup is now named after a national hero who killed some british soldiers int 1800's

Good Lord, that's classy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/07/argentina-football-league-ship-falklands?newsfeed=true

Antonio Rivero apparently.

Nobheads. Do we think it's the Welsh influence over there?

• Members

Sean Penn has had hi say on the whole issue

"the world today is not going to tolerate any ludicrous and archaic commitment to colonialist ideology."

http://www.thestar.c...islands-dispute

Saw this weasel on an Aussie current affairs programme last night.

Apparently, he is on a 'self funded' tour of South America exhorting governments to reject British imperialism and push for the 'repatriation' of Las Malvinas.

Well known leftie and some Irish heritage in there so no great surprise he'd be anti Brit but, what the fcuk does a relative no mark like him have to poke his schnoz into this issue for? Fading career and a way to get back in the headlines? Almost certainly.

That halfwit george osbourne has been on the telly tonight telling us that we'd all be a few grand better off in our pockets if we gave the Falklands back to the argies (and ship any Falkland islanders back here who want to stay British) which is probably true. He also went on to explain that the entire rest of the world except the UK and the Falklands wanted them to return to argie control.

Now, I know this mongalong only gets his kicks from being 'controversial' on the telly, but there are two things here that get my goat:

1: Personally I couldn't give a flying fuck if it costs money. These are British citizens who are entitled to the protection of the British Navy when under threat

AND

2: If the Islanders want to remain British then it's no business of any other countries.

If I remember rightly, most of South America was colonised by the Spanish and the indiginous population wiped out, so really if they want their Falklands back then I think they should vacate their countries and bugger off back to Spain.

Same goes for the septics if they stick their noses in. Columbus didn't discover America. He invaded it.

So to the greasy argies and their cronies: 3 words

Pot

Kettle

Black

That halfwit george osbourne has been on the telly tonight telling us that we'd all be a few grand better off in our pockets if we gave the Falklands back to the argies (and ship any Falkland islanders back here who want to stay British) which is probably true. He also went on to explain that the entire rest of the world except the UK and the Falklands wanted them to return to argie control.

I agree with your diagnosis either way, but it was George Galloway.

I agree with your diagnosis either way, but it was George Galloway.

Sorry! You're right. How the fuck I'd get his name wrong is beyond me seeing as he has several pie shoppes in wiggin that I frequent on an, er, frequent basis.....

Both halfwits though. :)

Edited by cureforsanity

• Moderators

Was it last year there was meant to be oil around the Falklands and they wanted it all for themselves, they weren't quite so British then. Turns out the oil would be too hard to extract or something, now they are British again.

I did think it odd when I read the post saying Osborne. It makes perfect sense now I know it is Galloway.

It's my old age, I get confused. Particularly with wigan's most delectible pastry product and the Prince of Darkness.

Or was that Justin Hawkins? See? Off I go on another tangent. Cosine. Hypotenuse.

It's my old age, I get confused. Particularly with wigan's most delectible pastry product and the Prince of Darkness.

Or was that Justin Hawkins? See? Off I go on another tangent. Cosine. Hypotenuse.

What's that bloke with a speak and spell in a wheelchair got to do with it?

• Moderators

Sean Penn has had hi say on the whole issue

"the world today is not going to tolerate any ludicrous and archaic commitment to colonialist ideology."

http://www.thestar.c...islands-dispute

sean penn lives in malibu, which the americans took off mexico

so he doesn't know what he's talking about or is an unwittingly massive hypocrite

he probably has a film coming out in south america or something