Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

He's The Worst Player I've Ever Seen In A Bolton Shirt.....

HazzyinBolton

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think after signing Branagan, I realised how crap David Felgate was

When I was a kid, me and some mates used to hang around outside a shop near Dave Felgate's house. He used to be a regular - traipsing over for milk, bread etc. in his carpet slippers, like an escapee from K2. One night we had an egg with us for some reason (probably to egg someone) anyway, we were playing 'catch' with it when, who happened on the scene? Dave Felgate, one of the lad's gave him a shout and...

Needless to say the game was ruined :( due to butterfingers (he got his fingertips to it though).

I never rated Neil McDonald. Always went sideways or backwards and slowed the play in an attacking team

Also never liked comstive. I always got the impression he thought he was billy big balls although not sure where I got that from, so I was always harsh on him

We also had a striker who played against Chester away at the moss rose (0-0). He was never going to make it and you could tell on the warm up . fortunately I think he suffered an injury in that match and was never seen again

I reckon I've said that about 50 times in my life. It started with Ray Deakin & is currently being levelled at Darren Pratley. I've definitely said it about Vaz Te & from recent memory Daniel Braaten too.

Anybody substantially worse than these 4?

Braaten scored 20 in a season for me on champ manager taking us to Europe. Therefore i don't begrudge that signing. As for the most recent worst player to wear a wanderers shirt I would have to include Riga.

David Jack...

can't knock his record for us!!

Never seen or really read a lot about him, but his record of scoring big goals speaks for it's self

Can any of the older posters on here remember Willie Moir? I know his son Andy (as will a few lads off here i suppose). He was supposed to be a great Scottish wide player for us and a 58 cup winner but I don't know a lot about him. Shame Biff doesn't seem to post anymore.

Went to a charity event I think it was at green lane cricket club about 20 years ago and Willie Moir was on a stall I did not know him but my Dad recognised him and had a very nice chat with him, my dad who is a City fan said he was a very decent player in his day, he seemed a lovely bloke.

• Site Supporter

I never rated Neil McDonald. Always went sideways or backwards and slowed the play in an attacking team

Also never liked comstive. I always got the impression he thought he was billy big balls although not sure where I got that from, so I was always harsh on him

We also had a striker who played against Chester away at the moss rose (0-0). He was never going to make it and you could tell on the warm up . fortunately I think he suffered an injury in that match and was never seen again

That was Andy Kennedy who was going out with Maria Whittaker at the time. I bet she dropped him promptly after that, it was bastard freezing