Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

6 Million ? Question

jagermoot

After reading the article posted on here about BWFC debts, it got me thinking about the january transfer window again and how lucky we are in not making certain signings.

I remember seeing on SSN about the ?6 million pid put in for rhys williams from 'boro that was, in my opinion, luckily rejected.

Can anyone think of a player we could've signed for around ?6mill? Or who is worth this?

Luis Saha on a free is lookin like a good buy for 'arry so far.

For ?6 Million you could get, Jelavic, Darron Gibson, Drenthe on loan, and Pienaar on loan.....

Shame we'd have no money left to pay their wages though eh?

FWIW the limited times I've seen Williams, I've been very impressed.

?6m doesn't sound like too much considering his age. Looks like he's quite authoritative and as mentioned above can play in quite a few different positions. Hopefully we'll stay up, Boro will stay down and we'll be back in for him in the summer and pay him considerably less than we're currently paying Knight.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/9098536/West-Ham-United-co-chairman-David-Sullivan-opens-up-on-the-club-he-supports-and-now-part-owns.html

Apparently west ham could have had Sordell for 1.75m. Thought we paid 4m. They reckon he wanted plenty of money and may not be premership standard..time will tell. Some interesting stuff from the tosspot in that interview

What was it the perma-tanned Simon Jordan said about him? Something like, "He should take one of his own dildos and go fuck himself". Brilliant. :thumbsup:

I rememebr it, he actually said "If I see another David Gold interview on the poor East End Jewish boy done good I'll impale myself on one of his dildos"

• Moderators

http://www.telegraph...-part-owns.html

Apparently west ham could have had Sordell for 1.75m. Thought we paid 4m. They reckon he wanted plenty of money and may not be premership standard..time will tell. Some interesting stuff from the tosspot in that interview

is he talking about Sordell when he goes on about 1.75m? it's in the next question and he's referred to another player as somone who couldn't make the switch to PL, whereas they say Sordell wasn't ready yet and one for the future, in fact, certain it's a different player

• Moderators

also, I'm failing to see the coincidence:

"Let me tell you something, I believe in coincidence. Get this. Carlos T?vez. Born, 5 February. Cristiano Ronaldo. Born 5 February. Neymar. Born 5 February. All born on the same day as me. Jordan Rhodes, also born 5 February. And you know what, this other player that we didn?t sign, also born 5 February. When I saw the Huddersfield guy was the same date as me and the same date as those players, I thought it was written in the stars. Just incredible. An incredible coincidence, isn?t it?"

what is, that 5 footballers share the same birthday as you? aye, and none of them play for West Ham either, fucking spooky that

also, I'm failing to see the coincidence:

"Let me tell you something, I believe in coincidence. Get this. Carlos T?vez. Born, 5 February. Cristiano Ronaldo. Born 5 February. Neymar. Born 5 February. All born on the same day as me. Jordan Rhodes, also born 5 February. And you know what, this other player that we didn?t sign, also born 5 February. When I saw the Huddersfield guy was the same date as me and the same date as those players, I thought it was written in the stars. Just incredible. An incredible coincidence, isn?t it?"

what is, that 5 footballers share the same birthday as you? aye, and none of them play for West Ham either, fucking spooky that

DazBobParr was born 5th February as well, and he doesn't play for West Ham either........it gets spookier by the minute