Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dave Higson

Horwich

Top Top man. When i first started going to away games with my dad he always made us feel welcome and then when my dad was no longer allowed to come due to mothers instructions he would always make sure i had rang me old fella to be picked up when we got to knutsford.

RIP Dave

Guest Frandsen08

Would anyone like a rub-off. Pity he never quite made it to watch us in europe - could you imagine his commentary when Vaz Te notched in Guimares.

RIP Dave

That made me smile!

RIP Dave

• Site Supporter

Did he address you as Cock? As in "awreet Cock?" I doubt he'd have ever known my name, (why would he?) but always nodded and greeted me with "Alright Cock?"

RIP, a fine Boltonian and as deserving of a lasting tribute as Fred Dibnah.

He was also involved in the scout movement in Morris Green and was well respected there as well (remember him when I was in the cubs)

RIP top wanderer

Remember going to camp in Barmouth,and there was a night match Frank who was Daves dad drove a 52 seater coach back with 4 of us on.Miss him loads thoughts go out To Barbara.

Remember coming back on coach with him after the 6 nil defeat at Spurs in League Cup quarter final. He'd been roped into doing Tower FM commentry for it as the Tower FM bloke couldn't make it at the last minute.

He was very disappointed to tell the coach it was the first game he'd commentated on where he'd not got chance to say "What a Ding Dong Do!".

RIP Dave.

RIP Dave.

As mentioned above, every bit as much of a legend as Fred Dibnah.

Skinner and Baddiel used to regularly feature him on their Fantasy Football show.

One of his best lines was after we'd conceded an unlucky equaliser (Winstanley OG at home to LFCin FA Cup before White Hot 1?), "You scaley .. erm ... I mean you lucky lot!"

He loved Bolton with all his heart. He was our treasure.

Edited by DazBobParr