Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coyle Interview In Todays Mail

barryk32

I didn't like Allardyce and many didn't like Megson, whilst Sammy Lee was inept, but....

you'd never see any of those 3 going into game thinking that a defeat was accepatable as long as we'd tried hard/played pretty stuff.

SA & GM both beat United: that will not happen under OC.

I disagree

After the first few attempts there was alot of concern that SA rolled over at OT for example....I remember bizarre team selections; oncebour midgield was very odd....which kid was it tgat he debuted there?? Many reckoned he was helping his mate Fergie out.....I believe he was just being overly pragmatic; perhaps like Coyle, just manifested differently

Having said all that, I have a tkt today and after reading the article it's pissed me off and I feel like not going

• Site Supporter

Under previous regimes I wouldn't imagine it mattered who we lost to, the team would be in the video room Monday morning being shown why they lost and what they need to do as individuals and as a team in order to try and make sure improvements are made.

Under Coyle I imagine its more like, "never mind lads, you tried your best against a world class side, it'll come dont worry".

There is no basis for fact in the above statement, its just the impression given out.

I disagree

After the first few attempts there was alot of concern that SA rolled over at OT for example....I remember bizarre team selections; oncebour midgield was very odd....which kid was it tgat he debuted there?? Many reckoned he was helping his mate Fergie out.....I believe he was just being overly pragmatic; perhaps like Coyle, just manifested differently

Having said all that, I have a tkt today and after reading the article it's pissed me off and I feel like not going

And when did Fat Sam say 3 days before a game it would be OK to lose?

OC can think it, but he really shouldn't be saying it.

Things you think and things you say...

And when did Fat Sam say 3 days before a game it would be OK to lose?

OC can think it, but he really shouldn't be saying it.

Things you think and things you say...

If Allardyce had said it (and I'm not convinced he didn't) this site would have been awash with knowing comments about mind games.

I remember him taking his three best players off after half an hour at Anfield, though, and that sent a much clearer message than anything a manager might say in the run-up to a game.

You're deluded if you think Coyle is going to sit in the dressing room before the game today and tell them he expects them to get slapped daft.

I didn't like Allardyce and many didn't like Megson, whilst Sammy Lee was inept, but....

you'd never see any of those 3 going into game thinking that a defeat was accepatable as long as we'd tried hard/played pretty stuff.

SA & GM both beat United: that will not happen under OC.

Megson constantly resigned us to defeats against top 4 clubs while he was in charge.

Dont believe that any manager would resign his team to a defeat, but Owen Coyle got close to it with his team selection against Wigan

Megson was a cunt, err is a cunt - never liked his miserable mug but Porto was the final nail IMO

When did we play them?

Coyle says if we have a go against a top team and lose he can take it that's not wanting or accepting defeat FFS megson and to a lesser extent allardyce used to bang on about our season not being shaped by results against top sides it's all much of a muchness - coyles not been great but he's starting to get stick for the sake of it like wearing shorts get a grip

Dont believe that any manager would resign his team to a defeat, but Owen Coyle got close to it with his team selection against Wigan

Megson was a cunt, err is a cunt - never liked his miserable mug but Porto was the final nail IMO

What happened in Porto?