Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Fa Cup Quarter Final

wayne cramp

next week (in my view) is a game we just do not need .

if and its a big if we beat qpr on saturday , it will bring renewed hope and optimism for staying up going into the blackburn , villa and wolves games .

last thing we need is a spurs away cup game thrown in the mix , for me , we throw the game , make 11 changes , get a slap on the wrist and a small fine .

i know some people will say ' yeah but what if we win etc etc' it just aint worth the risk of getting to a semi final against chelsea , getting d1cked and having a repeat of the end of last season .

A big call for Coyle but i know what my feelings are towards it .

Personally i am in the camp of we should always try in the cups, getting done by Chelsea (or any big team) isn't as bad as you are not expected to win, problem last year was that we were embarrassed by Stoke which is going to crush any confidence. Good run in the cup can help imo.

And lets be honest resting players has never worked at Bolton, remember the uefa cup then wigan debacle

Come on, the cup is special.

Does another Wembley trip not get you all excited ??

I know its Spurs, but we will soften them up for you on Saturday, and you never know.

90 Mins from 25,000 whites going to wembley in the sun.....tell me that does not excite you ?

Cant believe the way some think on here, the fa cup is the only thing we have got to look forward to, no one can be looking forward to the rest of the season whether we stay up or not, if we stay up and go to wembley that would be great, but to go down and not, well, speaks for itself. I would take staying up and losing at spurs but it dont work that way, take each game one af a time and try to win em all, that way we may be celebrating two things at end of season instead of none.

• Site Supporter

For the first time in years, I didn't get a ticket for our game against Sunderland, sold out. Waiting till pay day (yesterday) and they sold out monday night......gutted is not the word !

Fuck it, come and watch your local team play.

• Site Supporter

remember megson, remember the uefa cup. remember the wiggin game. setting out to lose is not a good idea.

I remember that short term it wasn't the greatest idea but long term, he did what he set out to do and we're still playing Premier League football.

For the first time in years, I didn't get a ticket for our game against Sunderland, sold out. Waiting till pay day (yesterday) and they sold out monday night......gutted is not the word !

i know a fair few toffies round here that go every game...if a spare comes up ill let you know.

Cant believe the way some think on here, the fa cup is the only thing we have got to look forward to, no one can be looking forward to the rest of the season whether we stay up or not, if we stay up and go to wembley that would be great, but to go down and not, well, speaks for itself. I would take staying up and losing at spurs but it dont work that way, take each game one af a time and try to win em all, that way we may be celebrating two things at end of season instead of none.

Agree with Athy picking what you win and what you throw is very dangerous territory. Play every game to win.

call me a miserable fucker,but i dont actually want to go to wembley again unless its a final.

chuck the kids in,see what happens.

i,m the same as you gonzo , and in all honesty - would we even take 20,000 to it - very doubtful after last years experience .

Coyle always puts a strong team out in the cup he's one of these people who loves and respects the grand old competition. People always debate what kids or reserves he might play, but he always puts out a near enough first team regardless of the opposition. Thats what he'll do against Spurs, pointless debating it!