Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Happy Wanderer

Watched proceedings from over here during the 'plastic irish celebrations'. Just a small group of 'English', Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham. All stood together staring dumbstruck at the TV. As has been said before, rivalries go out of the window.

Come on Fab my son. You can do it.

Thoughts are with you and yours, Holland, Michigan. English.

The best wishes are coming from the Manc Massives and the World Cup Winners (MVF connection?)...not religious nor superstitious but let's all have some positive thinking - to paraphrase Gartside - those outside football haven't a clue how important this is - nobody shouldn't return from the playing/watching game we love...I'm sure Fab has youth and fitness on his side - no religion? no hope feelings? Then just think positive...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Another player who has gone up in my estimation, always thought he was just a money-grabber but he is absolutely spot on with what he says. That article has changed my opinion of him to one that he is a decent human being.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/a-horrific-night-but-one-that-has-united-us-all-as-a-football-family-7577583.html

Come on Fab, keep fighting young man x

Another player who has gone up in my estimation, always thought he was just a money-grabber but he is absolutely spot on with what he says. That article has changed my opinion of him to one that he is a decent human being.

http://www.thisislon...ly-7577583.html

Come on Fab, keep fighting young man x

Spurs fans i know have always spoke highly about what a decent if slightly odd bloke BAE is.

this article certainly shows he's a decent lad.

Just been on SSN that a friend has said he is talking. Not confirmed yet.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/bolton-midfielder-fabrice-muamba-talking-and-showing-small-signs-of-improvement-7577188.html

Curtis Codrington, who has been visiting Muamba in intensive care since the player collapsed 48-hours ago, told the AP that his friend has spoken "minimal words in English and French, which is better than nothing."

rumour is he's humming "joe le taxi"

Everybody, & i mean everybody should read Assou-Ekotto's article in the Evening Standard. No doubt ghost written BUT puts it all in perspective. Well done to ALL in Football - rivalries put to one side - this tragic event could change the whole perception of football in the minds of the non football fan

A source for real good!!!

Was sat watching the match at home with my 7year old and a couple of my mates. Never felt anything like it. Not sure wether to let my lad watch it or not. His understanding of the situation has upset me the most, he had complete understanding of the events and like everyone else sat there in disbelief as the hours unfolded. I'm not ashamed to say we both say there in tears however mine arrived on the news we had all been waiting for some 2 hours later. I've sat glued to the tv switching channel every 5 minutes waiting for positive news. Come on fab we are all rooting for you

I would hope that on coming around, he could be shown the tributes on here, the tributes on every football message bored in the country, the tributes from real madrid, liverpool, sunderland and virtually every team in Europe somehow. I'm sure it would inspire him to continue his fight towards better health. Come on Fab!

Apparently Howard Webb should have been 4th official at Wolves yesterday, but was stood down by the PGMOL on the advice of a psychologist who advises them.

I thought that Webb handled the situation as best he could on Saturday, he remained in control and made sure Fab was seen to ASAP.

I shudder to think what might have been if the likes of Twattwell would have been in charge. He'd probably have booked Fab for diving.

#comeonfab.

Was sat watching the match at home with my 7year old and a couple of my mates. Never felt anything like it. Not sure wether to let my lad watch it or not. His understanding of the situation has upset me the most, he had complete understanding of the events and like everyone else sat there in disbelief as the hours unfolded. I'm not ashamed to say we both say there in tears however mine arrived on the news we had all been waiting for some 2 hours later. I've sat glued to the tv switching channel every 5 minutes waiting for positive news. Come on fab we are all rooting for you

That was a fcukin long 2 hours .