Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

2 hours ago, Spider said:

I’m holidaying in the UK. Won’t find me spunking my cash at those ungrateful Brussels bastards.

Buy British. Don’t be a remaining traitor off licking Spanish arses.

I'm in Northumberland a few days after the Olympics, finishing at Gateshead on the Sunday if I can get tickets for the Diamond League event.

• Moderators

Caused grid lock everywhere in Stockport this morning

Had a train to catch to london, what should've been a 10 min drive to the station took an hour

Missed my train

It's ok though, got the next one, but its a right cunt out there

Worst rains I've ever known. 

Seemed like it rained virtually non-stop for the weeks running up to Christmas, and this month has been much the same.

Saturday afternoon when the hailstorm came wasn't a pleasant experience to be working in.

Yesterday afternoon, those winds seemed to come from nowhere on the higher ground where we were working, actually got wind burn from it. Face was like the Ribena Man when I got home.

• Members

The wife has just told me she took the dog out, the sprog ran and jumped in a puddle and went up to her waist, dog jumped in the biggest muddy bog he could find, and she has gone arse over tit walking down the path into a puddle.

If I wasn’t so dehydrated from the heat I’d be crying with laughter into my pint of Mahou 

• Site Supporter

Woke up this morning to a white out on the north Yorkshire Moors.

A171 nearby at a standstill, folk getting out of their vehicles.

Set off for home a little later, traffic was moving but snow ploughs doing their thing.

Came back the scenic (non motorway route) and what an eye opener.

Snow all over Eastern Yorkshire, thinning slightly as we headed this way.

Every river was swollen and fields flooded, with a couple ready to burst their banks. Some roads with some flooding, all with water flowing down the gutters.

Once we got to Skipton; buggerfucktwat land awash and small rivers hidden by water flowing vigorously over fields. Continued all the way to Burnley. From their westwards the weather improved and rivers not as bad.

Never seen such widespread adverse weather effects.

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Woke up this morning to a white out on the north Yorkshire Moors.

A171 nearby at a standstill, folk getting out of their vehicles.

Set off for home a little later, traffic was moving but snow ploughs doing their thing.

Came back the scenic (non motorway route) and what an eye opener.

Snow all over Eastern Yorkshire, thinning slightly as we headed this way.

Every river was swollen and fields flooded, with a couple ready to burst their banks. Some roads with some flooding, all with water flowing down the gutters.

Once we got to Skipton; buggerfucktwat land awash and small rivers hidden by water flowing vigorously over fields. Continued all the way to Burnley. From their westwards the weather improved and rivers not as bad.

Never seen such widespread adverse weather effects.

Poor Yorkshire!

• Site Supporter

Decent place to stay though, through the farm gate and straight onto the Moors. Short drive to a superb beach. Really warm place too.

Wind abated briefly last night, but typically was 40/50 mph continually. Never stopped from arrival on Thursday.

TV picture went wobbly on and off, a brief power cut one night and the host's sky TV went down!

• Site Supporter

Jorge? Some geezer from Spain named it outside of the MetOffice's list. 

The full list is: Atiyah, Brendan, Ciara, Dennis, Ellen, Francis, Gerda, Hugh, Iris, Jan, Kitty, Liam, Maura, Noah, Olivia, Piet, Roisin, Samir, Tara, Vince and Willow.

Looks like Jorge the interloper isn't the only foreign sounding one.