Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

24 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Saw the forecast for your way last night and it looked like you were in for a bit.

Is your motor 4wd?

Yeah 4wd mate so no issues in that front not that I’ve got anywhere to go anyway!

It’s just stopped now actually but we’ve an amber warning until tonight and expecting a load more to fall this afternoon and evening apparently. Ive got a meat delivery coming this afternoon so ok hoping that isn’t compromised as I’m looking forward to a fillet steak tonight 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Yeah 4wd mate so no issues in that front not that I’ve got anywhere to go anyway!

It’s just stopped now actually but we’ve an amber warning until tonight and expecting a load more to fall this afternoon and evening apparently. Ive got a meat delivery coming this afternoon so ok hoping that isn’t compromised as I’m looking forward to a fillet steak tonight 

Had our last steak from kilnford farm shop recently. We got them on holiday, but didn't eat them all so froze them and brough them back.

Tremendous. 

Hopefully your delivery man will have 4wd, or at least a shovel in the back of the van.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Minus 7 or lower tonight. 

An evening dog walk and star gaze might be on the cards.

We are getting some Really low temps here tonight and tomorrow. About 6/7 inches of snow here as well so I’m delighted I’ve nowhere to be driving to

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

-8 here already and feels like -12. First time in a long long time it’s felt properly cold. Breathe in and it hurts cold. Going to drop to -12 feels like -16 overnight. Be cold on my early morning walk tomorrow 

Reminds me of a morning start of litter picking up Johnson Fold. Couldn't do much of it as all the paper was frozen to the floor. Minus 7 and a mist.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Reminds me of a morning start of litter picking up Johnson Fold. Couldn't do much of it as all the paper was frozen to the floor. Minus 7 and a mist.

Ive just popped out the back and soon as the door is open it hits you and you stand there and within seconds feels like it’s sucking the heat out of your skin and your whole body is just draining of all warmth. Literally a minute outside and fucking frozen. Poor bastards homeless in this. 

im going to take some McDonald’s food and teas and coffees tomorrow night to one of the known homeless hangouts on way into Edinburgh. Poor buggers. Wont make much of a difference but what more can you do 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Ive just popped out the back and soon as the door is open it hits you and you stand there and within seconds feels like it’s sucking the heat out of your skin and your whole body is just draining of all warmth. Literally a minute outside and fucking frozen. Poor bastards homeless in this. 

im going to take some McDonald’s food and teas and coffees tomorrow night to one of the known homeless hangouts on way into Edinburgh. Poor buggers. Wont make much of a difference but what more can you do 

Good lad

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Perhaps check they've not frozen to death before spending your hard earned.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Perhaps check they've not frozen to death before spending your hard earned.

There’s usually quite a few. There is a homeless shelter in the church but it gets full quick so there is a load sleep out near the garages. Sad that people have to live like that. Although I know some choose to. But weather like this Jesus it will thin the number out. 

Warmer from Sunday though 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

they could let them sleep in those trams that cost a a fortune and amazingly dont work in the snow