Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

I’ve been told it was a one-to-one coaching session for extra practice. 

Hope there’s no blame tried to be thrown anywhere, couldn’t be a more freak occurrence. 

My kids had been on a playing field a couple of miles away playing footy on a dog walk with our peg at exactly the same time and bailed when the rain came. Nobody could foresee something like that :(

I’ve not seen lightening like that here for ages, zig zags across the sky and could see it in the distance touching ground. Mad to think of those killed the poor boy.

My lads team are sorting a tribute/donation for him as all other kids teams. Lad played for Spirit of youth at under 10’s. Same league as my lad. 

Gave my boys an extra hug or two last night and this morning. 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Hope there’s no blame tried to be thrown anywhere, couldn’t be a more freak occurrence. 

My kids had been on a playing field a couple of miles away playing footy on a dog walk with our peg at exactly the same time and bailed when the rain came. Nobody could foresee something like that :(

I’ve not seen lightening like that here for ages, zig zags across the sky and could see it in the distance touching ground. Mad to think of those killed the poor boy.

My lads team are sorting a tribute/donation for him as all other kids teams. Lad played for Spirit of youth at under 10’s. Same league as my lad. 

It is, literally, a million to one chance.

Blaming anyone would be warped.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Absolutely heartbreaking when you see the lovely work what the poor little lad did earlier in the year 😢 💔 

Fucking hell

its just shit as it gets this

• Members
On 12/05/2021 at 09:00, gonzo said:

Is there a link for a donation page or something mate?

1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

Is summer coming or what? This weather is matching my fucking mood.

Just been on the radio they are forecasting the wettest summer since record began and by some distance. Total washout was the terminology used 

28 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Just been on the radio they are forecasting the wettest summer since record began and by some distance. Total washout was the terminology used 

That's just because the parties are slowly returning and everyone's horny as fuck. I'm hoping for a total washout myself this summer.

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Are these long term forecasts ever right?

For isolated forecasts 3 days is your absolute max.

For where the jet stream is going to be and all the shit that happens in southern/Western Hemisphere that dictates our shit, they are usually a good guide to the generic weather across our lands. 

Last thing we want is warm low pressure shit heading up to us. Need the jet stream to sort it’s head out.