Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

April wettest on record?

May wet and freezing so far too. 

For Gods sake it’s June in 2 weeks and after everything we have had to contend with as well, surely we all deserve a nice summer. 

I walk 15KM per day and 3 days this week I’ve come back frozen stiff and looking like a drowned rat!!!!

No sign of it changing any time soon either…….

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

April wettest on record?

May wet and freezing so far too. 

For Gods sake it’s June in 2 weeks and after everything we have had to contend with as well, surely we all deserve a nice summer. 

I walk 15KM per day and 3 days this week I’ve come back frozen stiff and looking like a drowned rat!!!!

No sign of it changing any time soon either…….

April was really dry, wasn’t it?

• Moderators

Aye, April was fine, just cold 

We got lucky with the weather being so nice last year when confined to our gardens 

We'll all be indoors for the sake of it from Monday anyway

11 hours ago, gonzo said:

For isolated forecasts 3 days is your absolute max.

For where the jet stream is going to be and all the shit that happens in southern/Western Hemisphere that dictates our shit, they are usually a good guide to the generic weather across our lands. 

Last thing we want is warm low pressure shit heading up to us. Need the jet stream to sort it’s head out.

Yep. Bloke I was at uni with is involved with all the jet stream stuff. He melts my brain with the science but our weather all starts right down in the south of the globe and what’s happening down there right now tells us that we’re in for a shit summer. Warm but lots of rain. Jet stream, tidal flows, summat to do with circulating currents in the oceans. Way over my head

6 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Yep. Bloke I was at uni with is involved with all the jet stream stuff. He melts my brain with the science but our weather all starts right down in the south of the globe and what’s happening down there right now tells us that we’re in for a shit summer. Warm but lots of rain. Jet stream, tidal flows, summat to do with circulating currents in the oceans. Way over my head

Thats the El Nino effect off Pacific someone may have mentioned 

Google it. Plenty of videos describe it at different levels. 

2 hours ago, captainmed said:

I meant coldest not wettest.

BTW nothing is dry in the valley.....

Work in Helmshore every month. Been doing the job 3 years and it’s never not been pissing down every time I’ve been :D

1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

Moved on to Farnworth CC. Sat on their vast new patio to see them play Horwich CC (3rds). Still glorious.

Plenty of our notrights in attendance there today