Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

• Site Supporter

BBC have received complaints that they have put journalists and camera men in danger by having them report from close to the sea wall at various spots around Britain.

Next news item was a report from Syria where ISIS were being flushed out from their hide-outs amidst flying missiles, mortars and bullets. Nobody complains about the dangers faced by that journalist and camera man.

I know where I'd rather be.

BBC have received complaints that they have put journalists and camera men in danger by having them report from close to the sea wall at various spots around Britain.

Next news item was a report from Syria where ISIS were being flushed out from their hide-outs amidst flying missiles, mortars and bullets. Nobody complains about the dangers faced by that journalist and camera man.

I know where I'd rather be.

Agreed. Damascus over Blackpool any day.

Used to do some work round a fishing lake. They installed some metal railings and when the wind blew they would sing. From a distance it was mournful and a bit spooky until you realised what it was.

Sounds like our metal chimney for our new fire, but we find that quite nice.

Not a bad as our new plastic soffits. When it blows hard from the South they sound like a wailing banshee, I think its the air holes. Luckily we've only experienced that twice since they were installed last September.

• Site Supporter

Sounds like our metal chimney for our new fire, but we find that quite nice.

Not a bad as our new plastic soffits. When it blows hard from the South they sound like a wailing banshee, I think its the air holes. Luckily we've only experienced that twice since they were installed last September.

My window vents do that. Bloody weird when you're asleep and some sepulchral entity sounds like its coming in through the window.

• Site Supporter

Did you get as close as possible to the mast, then put your head back and look at the top?

Always feel like you're going to fall over.

Once we hit the road bit to the mast the weather came in and we were less than 50 yards away before we could even see it. Fucking horrible it was. On our way back down it cleared again, typical!

Got a picture of a BWFC sticker with Pud on tour at the mast, that was nice.

• Site Supporter

Once we hit the road bit to the mast the weather came in and we were less than 50 yards away before we could even see it. Fucking horrible it was. On our way back down it cleared again, typical!

Got a picture of a BWFC sticker with Pud on tour at the mast, that was nice.

Pretty much every time I've walked up there, be sweating like fook and stop for food. Temp drops about 5 degrees and sweat goes cold - horrible. Seems to take ages to warm up again.