Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

I made it up

But, no..........

Whilst there is a legal minimum temperature for indoor workers (it's 16°C, or 13°C for strenuous work), there isn't actually a minimum for people working outdoors.

However, this doesn't mean that people who work outside are totally unprotected from the extremes of the UK climate. Under Health and Safety regulations, your employer owes you a 'duty of care'. This means that they are responsible for ensuring you don't have to work in unsafe or unhealthy conditions. Continuing to work in extreme cold could well constitute a breach of this duty of care.

But, no..........

Whilst there is a legal minimum temperature for indoor workers (it's 16°C, or 13°C for strenuous work), there isn't actually a minimum for people working outdoors.

However, this doesn't mean that people who work outside are totally unprotected from the extremes of the UK climate. Under Health and Safety regulations, your employer owes you a 'duty of care'. This means that they are responsible for ensuring you don't have to work in unsafe or unhealthy conditions. Continuing to work in extreme cold could well constitute a breach of this duty of care.

Thought so. I used to deal with all that sort of stuff at the mill. Now that was a warm place :)

But, no..........

I might have to sue myself.

I would say your duty of care is to ensure you provide the correct PPE & in this weather that's got to be a cropped wife beater & denim hot pants with open toed, sling backed riggers

You've got it babes.

I saw a used Johnny on a roof the other day with shit on the end.

Outdoor pool? This Walter Mitty-style braggadocio about Horwich has got to stop now, outdoor pool indeed*...

Condensation on the indoors of bedroom window in rural Great Lever, usually means one thing (not an early wankathon either) - the best of summer is probably over. :(

* I know you meant the gym/health club, or did you?

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Outdoor pool? This Walter Mitty-style braggadocio about Horwich has got to stop now, outdoor pool indeed*...

Condensation on the indoors of bedroom window in rural Great Lever, usually means one thing (not an early wankathon either) - the best of summer is probably over. :(

It's in Chorley. You really need to get out of the ghetto more.

* I know you meant the gym/health club, or did you?

I do, I mentioned I was up around Crowthorn t'other week, where the real millionaires have their pads. ;)

I don't live in da hood anymore, not for a long time, I live back in the leafy part, where the new-money cotton and engineering men used to build their grand houses. :)

I'm five minutes from greenery and five minutes from Bolton Station car park - best of both worlds.