Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me or is it fleeing tonight?

According to the Bolton News it's 3.8c...

Did you know that the BBC Weather online for Bolton using readings from Crosby weather station, I've heard of Manchester Airport being used, but Crosby - fucking shite that, how much does it cost to have a weather station in a given place, even primary schools used to have 'em, only took a BBC Acorn Micro, they should have tonnes of them left over, nonce-cover'er uppers.

Is it me or is it fleeing tonight?

According to the Bolton News it's 3.8c...

Did you know that the BBC Weather online for Bolton using readings from Crosby weather station, I've heard of Manchester Airport being used, but Crosby - fucking shite that, how much does it cost to have a weather station in a given place, even primary schools used to have 'em, only took a BBC Acorn Micro, they should have tonnes of them left over, nonce-cover'er uppers.

Wunderground is more accurate, it uses the local weather stations.

I'll try that Wunderground in future, when I'm wondering if a decision to get the long johns back out is because it's really cold or I'm being mard...

Accuweather had it as 1c 'feeling like' -3c when I checked shortly before retiring, which is almost as bollocks as the BBC (in Crosby), with their barmy balmy claim of it being 5 or 6c.

Washing's out. It'll piss it down this afternoon MMW

My seaweed is telling me different, it's telling me "smash the state and destroy capitalism"...

If you peg your washing out unattended, it's guaranteed to rain, thems the rules...

I know someone who doesn't have a washing line or aerator, they dry their stuff in the tumbler, year round, as you can imagine this sits with a skinflint and treebummer like me real well. :(

Edited by Youri McAnespie

My basement playroom tends to "sweat" during the summer months as the heating is off and the humidity rises. So I invested a couple of hundred quid in a dehumidifier a couple of years back that runs constantly to drain and its made a huge difference. My Maude has a clothes horse down there and the thing dries out her washing in 12 hours. Keeps the humidity at a dry 50% all of the time.