Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

• Members

What's the max you're getting? 33C? That's a mild spring day here.

WTF are the papers on about 'stay indoors', 'stay off work' etc.? Are they fucking mad?

Did I imagine it or do plenty of Brits fuck off to hot climes each year for 2-4 weeks and somehow miraculously make it back home in one piece?

I know we Brits all like a whinge about the weather but FFS, talk about an OTT reaction to a hot spell.

WTF are the papers on about 'stay indoors', 'stay off work' etc.? Are they fucking mad?

Did I imagine it or do plenty of Brits fuck off to hot climes each year for 2-4 weeks and somehow miraculously make it back home in one piece?

I know we Brits all like a whinge about the weather but FFS, talk about an OTT reaction to a hot spell.

I've not seen such recommendations to be fair but, honestly, it's been hot as hell down here with high humidity to boot.  Fine if you're outdoors, to a degree, or in air-con but some of these old buildings I've been working in are way beyond what's comfortable for human beings.  Kids are literally wilting and gasping for water 24/7.

I'm not complaining about the weather, even though my bastard sun allergy means I can't really enjoy it fully, but it's fair to say we're not set up for it in the UK.

A bit like snow, wind, heavy rain . . . ;) 

• Members

30 this morning on the way to work at 5-00am , high to day is looking at 39 with the heat index that feels like 44 to 45, don't you just love Texas in July, on the bright side August is normally hotter

Good luck mate. Sounds like a February in Perth. Welcome to Hell.

• Site Supporter

Folk were making that point earlier on the box.

In fairness though your antipodean compatriots do have a high rate of skin cancers.

Maybe they're trying to stop folk over here going the same way.

• Members

Folk were making that point earlier on the box.

In fairness though your antipodean compatriots do have a high rate of skin cancers.

Maybe they're trying to stop folk over here going the same way.

Fair point mate. They are well schooled down here on the slip, slop, slap stuff and dress appropriately (in the main).

BTW, they are not my 'antipodean compatriots'. They are colonials in the company of a POM (perfection of mankind  ;) ).

We've just had an email around saying the office is closing at 4pm each day (instead of 5pm) whilst we have this heatwave, as it's getting too hot in the office (The sun blasts right through the window, and it's like sitting in a greenhouse)

We've just had an email around saying the office is closing at 4pm each day (instead of 5pm) whilst we have this heatwave, as it's getting too hot in the office (The sun blasts right through the window, and it's like sitting in a greenhouse)

There is no maximum within health and safety law, so that’s nice of them

There is a minimum

There is no maximum within health and safety law

I know

It's already cracking on for 32C in the main office at the minute - we've got some shit fans that are just blowing warm air around now. We wanted to put a/c in ......but it's a listed building, so we can't apparently.

My PA has just brought me in an ice lolly though, so it's not all bad  :)

Had this issue where I used to work. Old building with large South facing windows, that also had blinds.

Folk moaned it was too hot.

So I used the blinds from mid-morning on.

Folk moaned it was too dark.

I've got my blinds shut to try and keep it a bit cooler, and somebody just came in the office and told me it was too dark.......it's my fucking office, I'll have it as dark as I like you cunt!

I know

It's already cracking on for 32C in the main office at the minute - we've got some shit fans that are just blowing warm air around now. We wanted to put a/c in ......but it's a listed building, so we can't apparently.

My PA has just brought me in an ice lolly though, so it's not all bad :)

Build one of these and fill with ice.

post-6037-0-24676300-1532545352_thumb.jpg