Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Newcastle 2 Bolton 0

Danny G

On the train home from Newcsatle and apart from the result, had a great day. Everyone was predicting we would get stuffed and yet despite a good performance, the usual criticism gets churned out. Fulham was the big disapointment.

If they can perform as well as they did today for the rest of the season, we should be ok.

keep the faith boby, as owen said after the game we are still in control of our destiny. have a safe journey home .

It wasn't that bad. We were doing ok until minute 70, then it went tits. Again it's worth remebering that - at the moment - we are no worse off than we were Saturday morning. Wolves are still gone, and QPR still have a worse run-in than us.

• Site Supporter

It wasn't that bad. We were doing ok until minute 70, then it went tits. Again it's worth remebering that - at the moment - we are no worse off than we were Saturday morning. Wolves are still gone, and QPR still have a worse run-in than us.

We may well have the easier run in but if we get too many fluke results it'll all stand for nothing.

Also, if we don't start winning some of the 'winnable' games then they may as well be 'not a fuckin hope in hell' game.

Just got back from the game, people on radio phoning in saying in 40 years of watching Newcastle that Ben Arfa goal was the best one theyve ever seen at that ground, and better than anything Messi or Maradona ever did. Come off it, there was barely a challenge made from anyone in his path!

Those stewards were utter twats as well, angered many by grabbing people for swearing, then proceeded to swear at those supporters themselves. Wankers!

Good couple of days though, that is one crazy town.

Just got back. What a trip! Great to see so many fimiliar faces. Loads of lads were up early for a booze up.

Great atmosphere aswell, got the Miyacgchi song stuck in my head now. We showed a lot more improvement since Fulham and more bottle. Shame their only 2 clear chances resulted in goals.

Just got back. Thought first half was low key and the crowd were getting frustrated.

Second half, how the hell haven't we won that game ?

Eagles, someone from the Petrov cross and mavies ??

Thought SKD was superb today.

Then, with a run that someone should have took a booking for, they scored !!

And the 2nd goal was a pharse.

All very well for Pardew to say we were superb - yes arse hole - we lost all the same.

Believe the players are going to Dubai tomorrow - for a good break after the Easter results !!

Why is that?

Fulham have better players than Bolton in nearly all if not every position.If Fulham play well as they as did on Saturday they will beat all the teams at the bottom, not just Bolton.

Bolton can only beat the likes of Fulham and Newcastle if the opposition don't give it 100%.

You're right - Fulham have better players. They also pick better managers.

But then again, you could say Fulham played well because we let them; we were that poor.

For all their better players, Fulham struggle away from home. They've dropped points at Wolves, Blackburn, Villa & WBA this season (among others). We gave them their biggest away win, I think.

Gallant away defeats will not make up for underperforming home defeats. Simple as. It's all about points and the players need to fight like fook for them in every game.

worse away games yep, worse homes ? id say prob the same as us and how many points will we get from our 3 easier aways, not many. (if any)

We need to win at Villa, and will do I believe.

I don't think there's any chance of winning at Villa.Villa have hard matches before then and will need to beat us to confirm safety.Their attacking players are in a different class to ours and will get the 3 points like they did at the Reebok.Sunderland would have to be out on the razz the night before to not beat us, that's a write off.

Stoke is the winnable one.They'll have nothing to play for and couldn't be arsed at home to Wigan on the last day of last season

worse away games yep, worse homes ? id say prob the same as us and how many points will we get from our 3 easier aways, not many. (if any)

need to forget about easier or harder games, what ever has gone on beforehas gone. if we had to pick 6 games to finnish the season off with its probable you could nt pick a better 6 . appart fron spurs and villa the other teams have got nothing to play for and by the time we play spurs and villa there season might be over to. i know fulham were safe and looked what happened but we need to try and win every game , 10 points is well within our grasp.

• Site Supporter

Listening to some folk, we're already down, yet we're not in the bottom three with favourable fixtures still.

I accept Fulham was a very poor performance, but that's gone now.

Today's performance has restored my faith that we'll be reet.

• Site Supporter

I don't think there's any chance of winning at Villa.Villa have hard matches before then and will need to beat us to confirm safety.Their attacking players are in a different class to ours and will get the 3 points like they did at the Reebok.Sunderland would have to be out on the razz the night before to not beat us, that's a write off.

Stoke is the winnable one.They'll have nothing to play for and couldn't be arsed at home to Wigan on the last day of last season

You are forgetting the minor issue of the 5-0 drubbing we gave them earlier in the season. Don't you think they'll want to get one over on us?

You're right - Fulham have better players. They also pick better managers.

But then again, you could say Fulham played well because we let them; we were that poor.

For all their better players, Fulham struggle away from home. They've dropped points at Wolves, Blackburn, Villa & WBA this season (among others). We gave them their biggest away win, I think.

Gallant away defeats will not make up for underperforming home defeats. Simple as. It's all about points and the players need to fight like fook for them in every game.

That's all about cash of course.There's no way Mark Hughes, Roy Hodgson or Martin Jol would accept a job at Bolton with the budget Eddie Davies has given Owen Coyle.

"Here's ?7 million Mark, replace Holden, Lee, Elmander, Sturridge, Al Habsi, Taylor and and cut the wage bill"

"Goodbye Eddie"

You are forgetting the minor issue of the 5-0 drubbing we gave them earlier in the season. Don't you think they'll want to get one over on us?

Not enough to give it the same effort they did in the Fa Cup semi final.And when they aren't giving it 100% that opens the door for us.

Sunderland have too much pace and quality for us to get anything against them even at them giving 80% effort, not so Stoke.

• Site Supporter

Every defeat shouldn't end in wholesale criticism, especially this one. Fulham yes. IT'S baffling me why Coyle, Prattley and m Davies amongst others are being singled out for criticism. Coyle picked a side and formation that performed better than we all expected. Prattley worked hard supported Davies well and defended from the front working tirelessly off the ball, perhaps you had to be there to appreciate this. And m Davies was much better than he was Saturday, he saw more of the ball and was more effective both attacking and defending. I just think too many folk on here either have a default to be negative or want to twist warped opinion to settle personal scores with other posters.

• Site Supporter

Just realised were not playing for a couple of weeks now.

And neither are Newcastle that I an see.

So

Why the fuck did we play Saturday/Monday????

We could have played that game next week.

Seems odd.

Anyway, as long as we emulate others results well obviously be fine.

Don't want to get behind and start having to chase again no matter who the others are playing.

From my crappy internet feed I actually thought that Pratley had one of his better games for us and SKD was as effective as he's been for ages in holding it up and playing our other men in

We looked better drilled and organised than we'd been for a while too - even in our victories v Wolves and Blackburn

For me I'd forget individual criticisms of yesterday....it just illustrated the fine difference between places 6-12 and 17-20; better defending and taking chances.

It appears that Newcastle did the same to Swansea; they're on a good run and it's all going for them

If we play for the rest of the season like we did that first 70 mins and get a bit of luck / the ball to bounce the right way and we'll be alright.

To clarify, this means taking the 70 mins yesterday and applying for 90+ mins, so there's improvements to be made and hopefully lessons we'll learn......