Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

6 Games To Go

Happy Wanderer

• Moderators

what we need is for arsenal to nail the pie eaters next monday and we are well and truly back in it, 2 points behind with 2 games in hand

see, that's me cheered up

i think we can beat swansea

i think we can beat villa

but only if we play as we did at newcastle

I can see us picking up 7, maybe 8 points.

It may well be enough .. but we need to hope that Wigan don't pull any more shock results out of the bag like the did last night because if they do then I think we're down.

Who knows, maybe we can do something similar and get an unexpected win at, say, Sunderland ... again.

One thing's for sure, it's going to go to the last game. :o

I can see us picking up 7, maybe 8 points.

It may well be enough .. but we need to hope that Wigan don't pull any more shock results out of the bag like the did last night because if they do then I think we're down.

Who knows, maybe we can do something similar and get an unexpected win at, say, Sunderland ... again.

One thing's for sure, it's going to go to the last game. :o

And if we can just be ahead of the pack going into the last game:

Blackburn ? Chelsea A

QPR ? City A

Wigan ? Wolves H

Bolton ? Stoke A

Just done that predictor thingy on BBC for the 15th time this week and have us staying up on 35 with wins against Swansea & West Brom.

QPRs run in is the same as it was last week fucking horrendous and Wigans isn?t much better.

• Site Supporter

But wigan and qpr's run-in, that I didnt see them getting another point from, saw them jump above it's last night.

I've got to say, I've gone from worried at the start of this year to confident in march to worried again.

• Site Supporter

But wigan and qpr's run-in, that I didnt see them getting another point from, saw them jump above it's last night.

I've got to say, I've gone from worried at the start of this year to confident in march to worried again.

thing is, theres no way they can continue that form.

i reckon theyre due a couple of dickins now.

I can see us needing to beat Stoke on the last day to stay up - and to be honest I'll take that now if we have to. I truly thought we were gone at Christmas - I saw nothing for us in January with the fixtures we had but the team surprised even the most deluded optimists. Swansea look beat to me - the season has caught up with them and they're there for the taking, despite their pretty football. We can beat them, and get our noses in front. Similarly we can get sumat at Villa - they are playing sh!te. Every season has twists and turns - this season will be no different. Wigan, Blackburn and QPR have tough games - we can do it. I am not chucking in the towel just yet...

thing is, theres no way they can continue that form.

i reckon theyre due a couple of dickins now.

I can see QPR continuing their little run, I think/hope that Wigan will run out of steam or get too cocky and think they'll be alright

Edited by CWP

QPR's current form is no better than ours. Wigan have only taken a couple more points from their last six.

We've lost two on the bounce. Neither QPR or Wigan have.

Where, in the rules, does it say that current form has to go back six games.

• Moderators

you didn't expect qpr to get something last night?

i certainly did

i aslo thought blackburn would win and wigan lose

Swansea H 0 points - lost a couple now, will get back to winning ways v us imo.

Aston Villa A 1 point - our game in hand, knowing these players, they'll fuck it up, can't see 2 wins at Villa Park in a season

Sunderland A 0 points - Boring game, ends in unfair narrow defeat.

Spurs H 1 point - We can't keep beating Spurs at the Reebok, don't trust these players this season to carry on our winning bogey tag at home v Spurs.

WBA H 3 points - Could be already down with an attendance of like 4000 booing them to fuck, nick a win, our last in the prem.

Stoke A 0 points - Last game in Prem, Stoke make up for the 5-0 defeat and like Wembley, humiliate us and send us to the Championship, an embarrassing, shameful team.

5 points, won't be enough.

Edited by Didledee

Swansea have now lost four in a row. Let's hope they don't make it five against Blackburn. They were pretty dire last night.

"I can only apologise to the supporters because I've never had to do that since I've been here," said Rodgers.

Rodgers also admitted he could have substituted "the whole team"

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../17685758#asset

Edited by SpiritofBurnden

What the fuck would you know about 'bollocks and fight'? You'd given up with half a season to go.

in all honesty id given up by mid November when we had 9 points....

you looking through your bi focals and greasy fringe..at that point probably still thought we would get Europe....probably still do...