Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Traf's Geegeez Stat Of The Day

Traf

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable.

It was like watching Bolton all over again, as we snatched another defeat from the jaws of victory.

That's 7 without a win for me: 4 of them have finished 2nd!

Anyway, Matt's back in the chair until weekend now: hopefully he'll bring you better luck.

Been reading this the last few week but wasnt looking too solid what with the shit weather. Took the plunge and gone with todays as im bored as fuck on my day off! ?2 win, ?3 place with betfair. Odds have gone out to 15/1.

#highroller!

Matt's back now with http://www.geegeez.co.uk/stat-of-the-day-21st-may-2012/

I wasn't sure if he was going to be doing today's, so I had an alternative ready, just in case!

I was going to put up Wrong Way Corrigan in the 8.00 Roscommon at 7/2 BOG.

Mullins riding for Mullins, sole ride today.

Record together since 1/11/11 is 44/113 = 39%

LSP of 35pts = 31% ROI

Average bet is 4/1.

Non-runner! Makes a change to at least get your money back on a SOTD selection just of late anyway :blum:

Shall revert to the Roscommon pick.

Yes, we're struggling of late.

Normally we can find winners here and there, but a 30% strike rate will always have losing runs.

That said, we're still only 5pt down on the month and well ahead overall since we started 6 months ago.

Latest Update: http://www.geegeez.co.uk/stat-of-the-day-update-14th-to-20th-may/

Thank fuck for that! Backed in from 15/1 to 11/2 at one point too. I think that horse will win in similar company over 2m 4, 2m 7 was a wee bit far.

Anyway I've got a racing question with reference to the SOTD non-runner the other day. Normally a non-runner is withdrawn due to ground concerns or injury/illness, but isn't it odd for a heavily backed horse to be pulled out? How can the conditions exist whereby a horse is both heavily supported and withdrawn?

The reality is that nobody really knows, unless the horse took a bit of a knock in the stables.

An often suggested view is that connections had him lined up for a bet, but odds got restrictive, so he was pulled.

Nice winner at 12/1 today. :D

About fucking time.........

Oh yes...well done by the way. I'll take Mrs CWP down the pub for a slap up meal tonight with my winnings.

Edited by CWP