miamiwhite

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Off what I know, Hitler.

Just fucking tapped, managed to get half of europe into his grasp with many brainwashed by his ideals, he was in it for the long haul with the hitler youth etc.

Tothers just pale into insignificance as most knew they were under oppression.

Regardless of numbers killed,who in your opinion is the most evil of the three ?

Surely that has to be taken into consideration ... in which case Hitler pisses on the others.

The amount of people that died as a result of Bin Laden and Saddam's views doesn't even register against the millions that perished because of Hitler's plan ... or should I say "Final Solution".

Guest Frandsen08

Surely that has to be taken into consideration ... in which case Hitler pisses on the others.

The amount of people that died as a result of Bin Laden and Saddam's views doesn't even register against the millions that perished because of Hitler's plan ... or should I say "Final Solution".

I'm pretty sure saddam killed close to a million.

aside from his internet and taped recordings,i think if bin laden had had the chance to be more of a ''public figure'' like hitler with his oration and propaganda,then world war 3 would already be well under way.

Guest Frandsen08

i've been to auschwitz twice,i agree history books can only say so much.

the size of birkenau totally overwhelmed me though

It was the empty rooms full of childrens clothes which really choked me up

I'm pretty sure saddam killed close to a million.

Possibly so. That's still less than half of what Hitler and Hoess did at Auschwitz alone.

CWP - Hitler, nor his cronies, cared in the slightest how they died. They just wanted to it to be efficient. In the end they were sickeningly efficient at it. To them it was like exterminating rats. They didn't see it as killing human beings, they saw the Jews as genuinely sub-human. It beggars belief.

i've been to auschwitz twice

The only one I've been to is Dachau, which is pretty near ti Munich. Apparently it was their "showpiece" camp and the one that all the others were supposed to be modelled on, I thinbk it was their first concentration camp (although I might be wrong on that)........ "only" around 25000 people actually died there though which isn't a patch on some of the other camps.

Even these days though it feels like a very grim place.

i've been to auschwitz twice,

Fook me. Twice??

I've been once and it was terribly upsetting. As you say, the scale of Birkenau is staggering. I'm definitely glad I did it but don't think I'd ever do it again.

Fook me. Twice??

I've been once and it was terribly upsetting. As you say, the scale of Birkenau is staggering. I'm definitely glad I did it but don't think I'd ever do it again.

our trip the first time was delayed and we spent most at the time at auschwitz 1 and only managed to get a few minutes at birkenau. my partner has jewish blood and wanted to go back when we visited krakow again. the worst bit for me is the green pond at the bottom of the railway track close to the ''showers'',which is full of human ashes. beyond the realms of my imagination as to how many are in there.

at auschwitz 1 all the human hair and pictures on display brings it all to reality.

staying on the hitler theme,i visited the topography of terror in berlin along with the holocaust memorial............can't believe what the nazis managed to get away

Feel sick when I think how close Dachau is to the city.

Dont tell me folk don't realise.

I can't remember how close it is, but I think it's only about 20 miles (maybe even nearer) - I'm sure some people knew what was going on, but back in the 30's and 40's I'm sure you average German didn't know much more than what was going on in his own village/town. The amount of propaganda flying around will have "drowned out" any unsavoury information that was emminating from Dachau I would have thought.

Also, as everything seemed to be going very well for them (so they were always being told) I'm sure those that did know about the attrocities will have just turned a blind eye, so as not to rock the boat......if you did rock the boat, I'm sure it was a very quick way to get to experience first hand what was going on in these camps, so best to ignore rather than try and do anything about it

• Members

Possibly so. That's still less than half of what Hitler and Hoess did at Auschwitz alone.

CWP - Hitler, nor his cronies, cared in the slightest how they died. They just wanted to it to be efficient. In the end they were sickeningly efficient at it. To them it was like exterminating rats. They didn't see it as killing human beings, they saw the Jews as genuinely sub-human. It beggars belief.

Not just the Jews either. The Slavic races were also classed as 'untermenschen'.

The other two are rank amateurs compared to that mad bastard.

Hitler would win on top trumps!

Seriously though, what about Pol Pot? The killing fields in Cambodia were the grimmest place i've ever been. Teeth, bones and old clothes poppin out the mud . . . and worse. Chilled me to the bone.

That mon planned that for years.

Anyone ever see Eddie Izzard on murder? said somethin like 'When you see a murderer you think, "twat!", when you see a serial killer you think, "horrible twat!", but when you see a mass murderer you almost think, "Fair play, well done, my my you have been busy!". Words to that effect anyhoo!

If we're talking evil, then surely we need to include other charmers such as Pol Pot who apparently was responsilbe for the topping of around 2M people, and the worst of the lot Chairman Mao who allegedly is responsible for the deaths of over 50M of his countrymen (through torture, work camps and general starvation due to piss poor political decisions)

Stalin is another charmer who is repsonsible for millions of deaths

There's some other famous Ethiopian bloke as well, who is still alive who is responsilbe for over a million deaths, but his name escapes me. - I'll bet Bolty knows who he is, as he's learned in such matters