Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jonny Cash "hurt"

worthy10

• Site Supporter

It is a brilliant song and video, it is almost like it was written with Cash in mind - the original NIN version utter cack in comparison.

As the OP said, It is a real goosebump song and there are very few that can do that (without it being a song that is personally close to your heart for example).

Have a listen to No Bravery by James Blunt, that song literally gives me shivers every time I hear it.

I saw that film "Walk the line" the other week about his life story, i found it compelling viewing - and i'd not previously been a Johnny Cash fan.Joaquin Phoenix plays the part of JC very well,and Reese Witherspoon is excellent as his lover (and later wife) June Carter.

Great film and soundtrack imo.

Guest Frandsen08

ay walk the line is fantastic and so is hurt, Johnny cash i one of my favourite artists, cocaine blues. what a song!

Heard it on radio the other day. Just seen video on you tube. One word

Goosebumps!

Have you just got out of a coma ?

Speaking of JC, the daughter loves 'One piece at a time' - we often play it on the ipod in the car and have a singalong

Love this too

If any of you have Sky Anytime+ there is a couple of great documentary's on there from Sky Arts. One about the Folsom prison gig and i think the other more about his life, there is also one that i think is his gig at San Quentin prison.

Which is why I'm called Sue.

That is one of my favourites, absolute comedy gold.

My Dad went seeing Cash with June and the Carter Cash family at the free trade hall. Was brought up on his stuff.

Which is why I'm called Sue.

My Dad's a big Johnny Cash fan.

His albums 'Bitter Tears' and 'Ring of Fire' are brilliant.

On American Trilogy (the album 'Hurt' was recorded on) he does a number of covers. Sad to say he died just a few months after his wife June Carter and his son finished the album shortly after that.

The Man in Black is a music legend and his prison concerts nearly always caused a riot.

My Dad's a big Johnny Cash fan.

His albums 'Bitter Tears' and 'Ring of Fire' are brilliant.

On American Trilogy (the album 'Hurt' was recorded on) he does a number of covers. Sad to say he died just a few months after his wife June Carter and his son finished the album shortly after that.

The Man in Black is a music legend and his prison concerts nearly always caused a riot.

I thought that it was released before he died?

Cash is King! Hurt was voted by NME i think as the best music video of all time! I heard in the last intervew he did, after his wife did he went into the recording studio and wrote something like 70 songs in the 3 months before he passed away. Cash is a legend of music, and the king of rock and toll, f*ck elvis! For the record this is one of my fav's!