Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Police Searching For Irish Fan

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

You know that won't happen here.

'Churlish' is how I would describe the SF protestors during the Queens visit to Ireland.

and so would I,though why this is in a topic about a missing football fan I don't know, but, I would also describe them more accurately, as it is important to distinguish these things to stop people getting upset, as a "churlish minority" .

not really arsed about the best fans argument, just hope, as i'm sure most on here would do, that a young lad who went watching a football tournament, gets home safe and is ok.

• Site Supporter

Er...I imagine he is D - Dead

And maybe he was the best fan in the world

Its not the Irish fans fault they get portayed in that way - they go over in large numbers and generally make friends and behave themselves

Would that happen with 20,000 English fans?

And yeah he could end up doing someone's drive........while the lazy English family inside watch Jeremy Kyle and get the taxpayer to pay for the work

bit of a sweeping generalisation there, that, if said in the opposite way, say about digging spuds/bomb chucking or indeed laying asphalt , you'd no doubt be on complaining about racist stereotypes and the unfairness of it all.

You know that won't happen here.

'Churlish' is how I would describe the SF protestors during the Queens visit to Ireland.

I thought this was a Euro 2012 thread???? It seems strange that you want to turn it into an argument everytime I post anything related to Ireland.

if ireland is so great why are there so many of the feckers over here?

.potatoe

For the same reason Bolty moved to Oz, for a better life I guess. Like I said this is a footie thread so let's keep it on topic

Edited by Salford Trotter

• Members

and so would I,though why this is in a topic about a missing football fan I don't know, but, I would also describe them more accurately, as it is important to distinguish these things to stop people getting upset, as a "churlish minority" .

not really arsed about the best fans argument, just hope, as i'm sure most on here would do, that a young lad who went watching a football tournament, gets home safe and is ok.

Just looking for a bite and both yourself and that lovely lad from Salford have more than adequately obliged :blum:

• Members

For the same reason Bolty moved to Oz, for a better life I guess. Like I said this is a footie thread so let's keep it on topic

No mate - wasn't looking for it but when the offer came................

Fair point though, it did result in a better life by way of massively increased opportunity.

No mate - wasn't looking for it but when the offer came................ Fair point though, it did result in a better life by way of massively increased opportunity.

Looks like it paid off you you, good luck! I think we both need to 'bite the bait' a little less for the sake of blood pressures :give_rose:

If it turns out to be confirmed it's really sad news about the lad though :(

• Site Supporter

Just looking for a bite and both yourself and that lovely lad from Salford have more than adequately obliged :blum:

Ah, the old bite routine. very good. :good: it's what makes the site in fairness.

sad news on the lad if this turns out to be him, well sad news for whoever it is they've found in any case

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/body-found-in-polish-river-where-missing-fan-last-seen-3144796.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/dcunited/police-divers-searching-for-missing-irish-soccer-fan-find-a-body/2012/06/20/gJQA9PxmpV_story.html

By Associated Press, Updated: Wednesday, June 20, 10:39 AMAP

BYDGOSZCZ, Poland ? Police divers searching for an Irish soccer fan missing in northern Poland have found a body.

Police spokeswoman Monika Chlebicz said that an as yet unidentified body was found early Wednesday in the waters of a channel flowing through the city of Bydgoszcz, where the missing 21-year-old Irishman, James Nolan, was last seen Saturday night.

Nolan was in Poland following Ireland at the European Championship.

==========================================================================

Sad news :(

At least he'll have the best mourners in the world at his funeral.

sense of humor bypass worked a treat huh !

sad for the lad and his family if its him like

Edited by fellman

http://www.washingto...xmpV_story.html

By Associated Press, Updated: Wednesday, June 20, 10:39 AMAP

BYDGOSZCZ, Poland ? Police divers searching for an Irish soccer fan missing in northern Poland have found a body.

Police spokeswoman Monika Chlebicz said that an as yet unidentified body was found early Wednesday in the waters of a channel flowing through the city of Bydgoszcz, where the missing 21-year-old Irishman, James Nolan, was last seen Saturday night.

Nolan was in Poland following Ireland at the European Championship.

==========================================================================

Sad news sad.png

At least he'll have the best mourners in the world at his funeral.

sorry was he scouse?

• Site Supporter

Any news on how? Pissed up and fell in? Something more sinister?

Sad to go on a football trip and not come home.

did hear a report in the first stages of him missing that there was an altercation with some local youths and they got split up, but nothing concrete on that since.

reports say were watching the game in a bar so a good chance half cut.

http://www.herald.ie/news/missing-irish-fans-row-with-local-men-3144139.html

edit to add link

Edited by fatolive

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.