Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Czech Republic V Portugal

Didledee

• Members

It must just be me. I find myself wanting Portugal to lose. The pained, whining, DMB expressions of Nani and Ronaldo, at the least fucking thing not going their way, has me finding them thoroughly distasteful.

Spain v Portugal semi final is a win-win for me. Portugal out - Ronaldo and Nani out. Spain out - the resident bandwagon jumper on here might stop wanking himself sillier.

Ronaldo is just a striker now aint he ?? When outside the box, or out wide, ball at his feet, he has no idea or even any intention of running with it, or trying to take the defender on.

Completely different player to what he was at United, and way off what Messi gives to his team !

Guest Frandsen08

Portugal's best player, by a mile is Moutinho, what a player that lad is. So close to joining us a few years back too !

hes not though is he, lets be honest.

Guest Frandsen08

hes quality, but theres no way hes better than Ronaldo for them. Portugal wouldn't be in the tournament if it wasn't for him.

Spain v Portugal semi final is a win-win for me. Portugal out - Ronaldo and Nani out. Spain out - the resident bandwagon jumper on here might stop wanking himself sillier.

If SPain and Portugal do meet, he'll have wanked himself to death by half time anyway.

Granted, not better. But I really do think he is the key for them, he makes them tick.

Gerrard is not better than Rooney, but is more key to us.

England would have qualified without Rooney.

Portugal would have been eliminated without the other one.

Edited by MalcolmW

England would have qualified without Rooney.

Portugal would have been eliminated without the other one.

Would England have qualified without Gerrard ?

Would Portugal have won last night without Moutinho ?

Edited by Pablo

Ronaldo is just a striker now aint he ?? When outside the box, or out wide, ball at his feet, he has no idea or even any intention of running with it, or trying to take the defender on.

Funniest thing I've ever read.

Portugal's best player, by a mile is Moutinho

Stop it stop it! it hurts!

rotfl.gif

There will always be alternatives to players like Moutinho & Gerrard. May be not as good but they could come in and do a job. That's not the case with players like Messi or Ronaldo, sorry CR7.

Without doubt, but CR7's goals have come from crosses and passes.....from these so called not as important players.

As good as finishes as some have been, they are just that, finishes to team moves !

CR7 did it a number of times last night, out wide, and just passed back, Messi would never have done that.

What like pass to Coentrao, then make a run for Coentrao's lofted ball over Czech's full back? Messi does it with Alvez, both cut inside also and lay passes off to Xavi/Iniesta/Moutinho/Meireles.

When he's one on one and it's the best option he'll pull out his tricks and work his way into the box or make space for a cross, or cut inside for a shot, when he's wide and like 35 yards from goal and has players for support he'll pass, so does Messi, it's a team game and it keeps the ball moving.

When he's more central he can do so much, control turn and run at the defence, or just play it on, for example last night he was dribbling with ball and Postiga made a run, the 3 Czech players let Postiga go and all went to tackle Ronaldo. He lost the ball, but to say he doesn't know what to do is hilarious, surely having a quick look on Youtube of Ronaldo for Madrid would show clips of him knowing what to do.

He's not as showboat like when he first joined United, but the Ronaldo that started scoring 30 odd goals a season for United has got even better whilst at Madrid, He's the complete player, it's just Messi is that bit better.

The thing is as good as CR7 is (and I think he is), the goal he scored last night was down to probably one of the worst bits of ball watching in the tournament so far. Our Gab Sellaise was rooted waiting for the ball instead of attacking it and your idol stepped in front of him to head it down and in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.