Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Italy V Spain Int Final

globaldiver

Well imo the two best teams in Europe, my dream final would have involved England, but since they got knocked out, I was hoping for a Spain - Germany final, though Italy have impressed me attacking wise in this tournament, I've usually associated them with being a defensive not that easy on the eye team.

Being a fan of passing football, seeing Xavi, Pirlo etc on the same pitch is still going to make it a great spectacle imo. The group game was great, chances for each side, Torres really should have won it when he came on.

Guest Frandsen08

Well imo the two best teams in Europe, my dream final would have involved England, but since they got knocked out, I was hoping for a Spain - Germany final, though Italy have impressed me attacking wise in this tournament, I've usually associated them with being a defensive not that easy on the eye team.

Being a fan of passing football, seeing Xavi, Pirlo etc on the same pitch is still going to make it a great spectacle imo. The group game was great, chances for each side, Torres really should have won it when he came on.

yeah i agree, love to see a team keep hold of the ball, not sure i like the non forward approach though, the group game was a good game you're right about torres. Italy have shown both sides of them, it'll be interesting.

IMHO if Spain dont start with a recognised striker again and go on to lose they deserve all the abuse that gets thrown as them.

Why?

In 1974 the Dutch had a team of players who were so talented and intelligent that the right back could pop up on the left wing and a forward could comfortably move to centre back etc. They called it total football. Goals came from every position. I'm a firm believer that if you play football at the highest level you should be comfortable shooting or heading on goal.

Why?

In 1974 the Dutch had a team of players who were so talented and intelligent that the right back could pop up on the left wing and a forward could comfortably move to centre back etc. They called it total football. Goals came from every position. I'm a firm believer that if you play football at the highest level you should be comfortable shooting or heading on goal.

Because, in this tournament at least, it hasnt been a success in my eyes. I understand what you are saying but Spain have looked a lot more likely to score when Torres / Llorente has been ont pitch.

Because, in this tournament at least, it hasnt been a success in my eyes. I understand what you are saying but Spain have looked a lot more likely to score when Torres / Llorente has been ont pitch.

I don't think Llorente has had a kick, has he?

In the Croatia and Portugal games, Spain never really looked liked scoring until they went none up front.

I don't think filling their boots against the Irish can be considered a benchmark.

my selection of bets for tomorrow in association with stan the man james and frandsen08.

Italy to win in extra-time ...14/1

Either team to win on pens 9/1

Spain to win 1-0 and Alonso to score the winner 90/1

Spain to win 2-1 Ballotelli to score first for Italy also 90/1

Italy/Spain double result is 33/1....that fits in nicely with the above bet.

Spain to win 1-0 and Ramos to score its 140/1 .....and for 2-0 its 90/1 (ramos either for first or second scorer)

Edited by gonzo

Traf you made me chuckle then.

Ive got Italy int sweepy (in case anyone didnt know) so have a vested interest in them winning. I have found Spain/Barca dull as fuck since 2010 so theres no loved lost if they throw it away!

Id love Italy to do spain though even if I didnt have em int sweepstake. Ive had HT draw, FT Italy and thats the last of my euro 2012 bets.

So you're a quitter then?

Dunno why but not put many bets on this tournament, 3 in total in fact! Managed to sit through every game so far which is more than can be said for games at the Reebok!

Shit fan

• Members

Dunno why but not put many bets on this tournament, 3 in total in fact! Managed to sit through every game so far which is more than can be said for games at the Reebok!

Shit fan

Only jesting Stevie. End of the comp innit.

Not sure what to do at the moment. I backed Germany and Spain at the start of the comp so I probably have to stick.

Thing is, I now fancy the eye ties to win!

?5 - Ballotelli first goal Italy 1 - 0 30/1

?5 - Fabregas first goal Spain 1-0 30/1

This has got dull as dishwater written all over it, Spain will nock the ball about around the half way line with out any real penetration and Italy will sit back and let them have the ball then try hitting long balls for Ballotelli when they do get it.

?5 - Ballotelli first goal Italy 1 - 0 30/1

?5 - Fabregas first goal Spain 1-0 30/1

This has got dull as dishwater written all over it, Spain will nock the ball about around the half way line with out any real penetration and Italy will sit back and let them have the ball then try hitting long balls for Ballotelli when they do get it.

I hope Italy keep the tempo up, if not I fear you may be right.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.