Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Forest 2

Ratwhite

Some decent performances but the 3 teams we've all played have played better as a team for me we're still miles off geling and everything we do looks like its an accident - cried out for 20m cameo from petrov for me ...... Mears is bloody awful his feet are horrific get Riley in - mills does the ugly stuff ok and Andrews just ticks along you don't notice him type but he's effective - if we're bringing in a defensive midfielder who's getting dropped in a 442 or are we going 451?

F##k me it was hard to find many positives from this match the defence is terrible it needs sorting quickly Chris eagles seems to be enjoying himself for a change but 4 points out of 3 games is hardly championship winning form .If it continues like this 4 points out every 9 gives us 45 points at the end of season not good enough in my opinion

F##k me it was hard to find many positives from this match the defence is terrible it needs sorting quickly Chris eagles seems to be enjoying himself for a change but 4 points out of 3 games is hardly championship winning form .If it continues like this 4 points out every 9 gives us 45 points at the end of season not good enough in my opinion

4 pts every 3 games in a 46 game season is 61 pts still not good enough JSL

• Site Supporter

Davies M looked as though he was treading water waiting for his big money move. He'd certainly never make much of a living if he went into marketing; he pretty much said to Swansea, "I'm shit, you don't need me!"

mears was shite

davies k should've come off with 20 to go

petrov should've got a run in place of davies k or lee

mills is dodgy but i'd persevere for a bit

eagles is one of the best in this league

we will go up automatically

that is all

Are you on drugs, this team won't go up major flaw is the lack of a solid defense there like a boxer with a glass jaw.

• Moderators

Cassie, town hall steps, my arse, automatic promotion.

we played better stuff tonight than we did on tuesday

whenever we get the ball we threaten

we'll be plenty good enough

we're miles behind the side he inherited but plenty good enough for this league

Not particularly got a view either way on mears yet.

I thought he was one of our better playera tonight though. He linked up the play as well as anyone. Good understanding with ping pong, didnt get caught out defensively. When he was needed, he stopped a sure goal from cox at the back post.

Four points and is not good enough, team seems like a bunch of strangers and need someone just to gee them up. Defence looked shit scared and when Knight is the best of the 4 you just know times are hard.

Why leave chunky on he looked way off the pace and won't be right for another 6 games at least. Game was crying out for Petrov as other people have said.

6 th place at the very best for us if other teams fall to bits.

Long season folks.

• Moderators

Mears is pratleys replacement for the boo boys then.

who mentioned booing him

i wouldn't waste my breat

he can have 3 more games then the jury will be returning it's verdict

full backs get more touches than any other position

you've got to be able to pass the ball

from what i've seen, he can't

• Site Supporter

mears was shite

davies k should've come off with 20 to go

petrov should've got a run in place of davies k or lee

mills is dodgy but i'd persevere for a bit

eagles is one of the best in this league

we will go up automatically

that is all

Agree with all but the last part

• Site Supporter

That's because Chungy keeps passing to him rather than crossing or taking his man on!

Agree with this.

Cyl is not a good attacking winger. Never has been

He's a solid reliable wide man.

He needs the self belief of eagles to become any kind of player.

Mears has been and always will be a bang average championship player.

Mavies needs to get his thumb out if his arse

Watched it on tv in Spain , This is my view:

Bogdan Steady but does not seem to organise the back four.

Mears needs games to get up to speed but a long way to go, Steinson twice the player.

Ricketts thought he did ok and added a forward threat.

Mills needs more match practice but Ream is a better player for me.

Knight playing at his level and did ok but another defender who does not talk or organise enough for me.

Mark Davies waste of talent he needs a rocket up his arse not nearly involved enough but he could be the difference and I still have faith in his ability.

Andrews seems to be sacrificed in the defensive role but not nearly good enough I'm not impressed.

Chung yong you can see his class and l am hoping we continue to persevere while he gets himself up to match fitness.

Kev Davies best player for 1 hour anonymous after, needs to be used sparingly.

Sordell did very little for me but the great finish was hopefully the sign of things to come.

Adobe piss fuckin poor if that's best he can muster send him back I expect much much more from a supposedly promising young player.

Looking at our style as a team we don't press when we don't have the ball and when we do have the ball there is not enough urgency desire or tempo we still do not look fit enough but we have a long season to correct that, we also seem to be stuck in between the lump it to KD and trying to play on the floor, my view is we have the players to get it down and play it and only if that fails we can resort to KD and long ball for last 20 minutes, this would preserve and protect KD for the season and for me on the deck is where we should be looking to open up these very average championship teams.

Owen Coyle and backroom team body language very poor, organisation poor. I am sure he will not get this team promoted and I feel it's just a question of when not if, I hope I'm horribly wrong and he makes me eat my words.

In finishing we need a tried and trusted old dog of war in the middle of the park I don't think Spearing is the answer.

spot on

dirty wolves went down with us

and thay sold 3 players for £30 milliom in the last few days

do we have them type of players ?????/

Agree with this.

Cyl is not a good attacking winger. Never has been

He's a solid reliable wide man.

He needs the self belief of eagles to become any kind of player.

Mears has been and always will be a bang average championship player.

Mavies needs to get his thumb out if his arse

Eagles is playing well and I'm one of the few who like him but he's not fit to lace CYL boots how any one can formulate that opinion is beyond me.

• Site Supporter

I didnt say eagles was any good

But he knows what's required

Cyl would be better in a better team whereas eagles would not. if that makes any sense

He's like mavies, you always want that little bit more

Whereas you know eagles can't actually be any better

Edited by HomerJay