Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Teachers Striker Over Pay Again

HomerJay

It's not often I stick up for them, but if I was told my pay was being frozen for three years with no adjustment for inflation I'd not be best chuffed.

I doubt many people would be.

Welcome to 2007.

Now it's their turn to share some of the pain, like the rest of us have done. Unfuckinglucky

I'm waiting for Smiffs to reply to this thread cause he loves teachers

;)

Being married to one for 12 years I reckon I'm fairly well placed to know the good and bad bits about teaching.

Their trouble is they've been going to school since 4 years old and know next to fuck all about much else.

teachers get on my nerves big time, I know a couple that say they have the hardest / most stressful job in the world teaching kids and rightly deserve 12 weeks off and to retire at 60 on final salary.

My response "FUCK OFF"! Just becasue you work with children, dont asume you have the most stressful job. Stress wise I would rather teach than be in a job were you have a good chance of being laid off and have no income.

I read somewhere that something pathetic like 10 teachers have been sacked in the last 10 years, out of tens of thousands of them only 10 have been sacked? I aint having it that such a small percentage are shit and my Mum a governor admits you cannot sack the fuckers, shit or not.

The job is safe as houses and you get 12 weeks a year off, stop fucking moaning. The best bit is they have 6 weeks off and the first day back they have a fucking staff training day!

What's stopping you then? Get in there - loads of holidays, safe job, good pension.

Fill your boots lad.

• Site Supporter

teachers get on my nerves big time, I know a couple that say they have the hardest / most stressful job in the world teaching kids and rightly deserve 12 weeks off and to retire at 60 on final salary.

My response "FUCK OFF"! Just becasue you work with children, dont asume you have the most stressful job. Stress wise I would rather teach than be in a job were you have a good chance of being laid off and have no income.

I read somewhere that something pathetic like 10 teachers have been sacked in the last 10 years, out of tens of thousands of them only 10 have been sacked? I aint having it that such a small percentage are shit and my Mum a governor admits you cannot sack the fuckers, shit or not.

The job is safe as houses and you get 12 weeks a year off, stop fucking moaning. The best bit is they have 6 weeks off and the first day back they have a fucking staff training day!

you'll get splinters on that fence if youre not careful

Why do we begrudge the folks who our nippers spend most of their waking hours with some extra cash?

I'd pay em double what they get.

There are far more useless feckers in this world getting paid a lot more.

That's their chosen profession, they get well paid for it, it's not missionary work.

What's stopping you then? Get in there - loads of holidays, safe job, good pension.

Fill your boots lad.

I'd be locked up for walloping one of the nowtybacks within a week.

Similarly most the teachers I know would be in a nuthouse within a week if they had to do my job.

Most people hate teachers because they get 12 weeks holiday......FACT

Where do people get this notional 12 weeks holiday bullshit from?

It's 16, actually: all told. =@

This of you with kids, check young Chardonnay & Shaneece's last reports : it'll tell you on the attendance bit 183 days or so = 36 weeks in school, or a day off every 2 if you prefer!

• Moderators

It's not often I stick up for them, but if I was told my pay was being frozen for three years with no adjustment for inflation I'd not be best chuffed.

I doubt many people would be.

sounds about right for most folk in the private sector

in fact, i reckon most would take it in return for a guaranteed job in 3 years

Granted, but what's the saying? Pay peanuts you get monkeys.

I'd like my nipper to be taught by a highly paid, highly motivated and talented individual

They're not paid peanuts though are they, that's the point.

At £22,800, the average starting salary in teaching is high compared to the average graduate starting salary. It goes up quickly too, with teachers seeing their salaries rise by an average of 30 per cent after their first four years in the job. Experienced teachers can earn up to £64,000 in London and £56,000 outside London, while head teachers can reach a salary of between £42,379 and £112,000

They're well paid, get great holidays, have a pension Joe Public could only dream of (even the slightly diluted version), and unless they nonce kids or end up locked up for sommat are unsackable.

The security that brings is massive. How many other households can say the same?

They really do need to realise that the job they chose to do is still a fucking good number.

I am not having it that a teacher has to mark essays in the summer!

The last two weeks of the year are spent in the fucking sandpit or watching videos dependant on age, not getting through homework galore to give the teachers something to do in the summer.

Its a good number, stop fucking moaning or get another career if you are being so badly treated in comparison to everyone else.

'Important' essays meant to be completed and marked during term time for the end of year gradings.

'Really important' essays/exams like them GCSE thingies are sent to external assessors who then hand out the results in August.

Which leaves the rest...

Sticking a smiley face next to 'me and my daddy went to the zoo and we had ice cream' isn't really taxing is it?

Edited by Smiffs

Here's the thing

We are in recession, mostly because of the massive sustained overspending of their sponsor.

They need a reality check and should be greatful for having a job, or get a job in the private sector.

That would cost them a massive chunk of the pension.