Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who Was That One Teacher You Hated Most?

gonzo

• Members

Oh, and how no-one has mentioned Townsend from BCG, I don't know.

Horrible cunt of a man.

We have discussed this on another thread recently. Absolute twat and a fucking deadshot with the blackboard duster, the greasy DMB. Used to introduce a 'g' between the last two letters of my surname the fucking weirdo.

I also hated Paddy Roberts. Fucker caned me for being the first ever skinhead at BCGS in 1969.

:"Why am I being caned?"

"Because I don't want skinhead violence being brought into my school".

No other reason - just the haircut. His face at assembly around a week later when 80% of the lads in the school were sporting the same no. 1  :thumbsup:

Have that you owd cunt.

reading this thread, it appears there were a few of us there at a similar time.

We were in the 5th form when he had his trial, his fiancee (Miss Merrills ?) was our form tutor at the time, some eag (not me) stuck the centre pages of NOTW (in which he was the feature) on the 'back' of the roller blackboards, so when she rolled it down, there he was.

Didn't see her for a week or two after that.

My memory of Grimshaw is on the cross country, him driving around in his jag, on his car phone (which was rare in 81-82 ish)

there does seem to be a few on here who was at BCGS.

what years where we all there

i was 1979 - 1983

• Site Supporter

i was 1979 - 1983

1980-1985.

As said before, never had a problem with Townsend.

Do you remember Mr Richardson- looked like a wookie- taught maths and was a crackshot with a piece of chalk.

Only had the abortionist for the occasional pe lesson.

i was 1979 - 1983

I was there from 1976 till it went comprehensive in 1982 (then Smithills VIth Form). 

Remember two sister teachers that we all knew as fatty and thinny ince.

There was some psycho maths teacher (Mr Payne) who used to make us wrestle him at the end of year  :blush:

Mr German (who I think was an extra in Kez - unless my memory is playing tricks)

Mr Altham who punched one of my mates for running off the kerb on a cross country run up stitch me lane

Mr Moizer who almost blew up the chemistry lab with a piece of sodium and then he paid for the whole of our form to be custard pied by the upper VIth during charity week

Bob Dearden "remember lads we only play sport for fun but it aint no fun losing  - get out there and win!!"

Great times (I think) 

1980-1985.

As said before, never had a problem with Townsend.

Do you remember Mr Richardson- looked like a wookie- taught maths and was a crackshot with a piece of chalk.

Only had the abortionist for the occasional pe lesson.

80-85 too.

Townsend was our form tutor the first year. Richardson in the 4th (also had him for maths for about 4 years.) Liked the bloke.

Had Lord as Form tutor in 3rd year down at Tonge, then a few years later bought my first car off him from an ad in the Evening News.

Bolty, Paddy must have mellowed by the time we got there as he was ok then.

• Site Supporter

80-85 too.

Townsend was our form tutor the first year. Richardson in the 4th (also had him for maths for about 4 years.) Liked the bloke.

Had Lord as Form tutor in 3rd year down at Tonge, then a few years later bought my first car off him from an ad in the Evening News.

Bolty, Paddy must have mellowed by the time we got there as he was ok then.

I had Townsend as form teacher in the first year- therefore we were in the same class. So who are you?...

townsends slippering room was at the back of my form room 12A . Had mr Richardson as my form teacher and for maths.my daughter went to withins later and Richardson was her form teacher and he remembered me and still scared the life out of me.

Anyone remember a biology teacher called Miss Powell cracking body on her as i remember

• Members

1967 to 1973

You must remember Miss Winterbottom then - girls PE teacher? She'd be arrested these days.

She was obviously a massive lover of dick as each time she took us when our bloke was away she never missed the opportunity to walk into the changing rooms for some spurious reason when most of us were bollock naked/in the showers etc.

Have to say she was a sport though,. Her trampoline demo's in white pleated sports skirt and matching knickers used to have us all barred up.

Before anyone asks, absolutely flat as a fluke but spectacular from the waist down. Pretty face as well.

• Site Supporter

Find that very hard to believe. He was a real nasty bastard when I was there.

Didn't really have many dealings with Paddy- as a head I suppose we wouldn't.

He did arrive one break time, as one lad inadvertantly tapped football from under a desk, I gently rolled it back so he could return it. He took it that we were playing football and we were dispatched to pick litter up in the grounds for a lunch period. :)

• Members

Didn't really have many dealings with Paddy- as a head I suppose we wouldn't.

He did arrive one break time, as one lad inadvertantly tapped football from under a desk, I gently rolled it back so he could return it. He took it that we were playing football and we were dispatched to pick litter up in the grounds for a lunch period. :)

I suppose the first bloke with a no. 1 hair cut was an easy to pick out target. 

You must be better at blending into the background  ;)

• 2 years later...
On 22/09/2017 at 09:01, gazza said:

i was 1979 - 1983

1976 - 1983 then off to North Bolton where I didnt really go much because one of my mates had passed his driving test.

Townsend was know as 'Peggy' on account of his square shoulders and his little round head. Good keeper if I remember right - used to love trying to knock his head off by smashing penalties at him during charity week.