Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who Was That One Teacher You Hated Most?

gonzo

On 23/09/2017 at 08:31, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Didn't really have many dealings with Paddy- as a head I suppose we wouldn't.

He did arrive one break time, as one lad inadvertantly tapped football from under a desk, I gently rolled it back so he could return it. He took it that we were playing football and we were dispatched to pick litter up in the grounds for a lunch period. :)

Paddy was really hard on what he thought was bullying which kept the school in check - especially when he had henchmen like Altham, Townsend, that geography teacher who had a slipper (and false teeth that flew out of his mouth once while I was being slippered) and that maths teacher who was an international wrestler to deal out the punishment.

On my first day at BCGS he sought me out and grabbed me by the ear before telling me his mrs had told him about me and he was going to keep an eye on me - his mrs was a teacher at Tonge Moor CP where I had just come from. What made it scarier was that he was in his mortar board and gown - coming from Tonge Moor and seeing this I was fucking shitting myself anyway.

On 10/09/2012 at 20:42, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Bobby Dearden- anyone who brings a TV into his history class to watch the Test Match deserves Knighting :good:

Mrs Woan- tedious woman, but had the compensation of huge breasts

Seen her in a bikini when Tonge High used to use Smithills High Pool, tremendous knockers them

On 11/09/2012 at 03:10, gazza said:

mr grimshaw loved himself and thought allthe girls loved him

biology teacher who used to carry out private abortions in his spare time

was in the "NEWS OF THE WORLD" for posing as a doctor at Guys Hospital

Had a "clinic" in Lytham.

Once went for a few beers in town and him and Andy Todd (not the psycho one) came along. Grimshaw was one very weird bloke.

On 10/09/2012 at 14:01, Underpants said:

Mr Gent at Sharples. Always wore a white lab coat. Although he never took me for any lessons for some reason he had it in for me.

Mr Gent, again. Found something else about him later on in my life. I only use this word when it is fully deserved, but he was and still is a cunt.

• Site Supporter

Turton High Religious Education teacher, Mrs Eccles. A real formidable bitch.

I'd forgotten my exercise book one lesson so I 'borrowed' the middle pages of my mate's. She caught me and gave me a right bollocking to which, foolishly perhaps, I reminded her of last week's lesson about turning the other cheek and forgiveness.

Well, that went down well... with a size 9 gym shoe.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

I remember a psychopathic plump woman in primary school that ran her whole class on fear, frequently slapping kids on their bare arses. Boys and girls.  We were feckin 6 years old! 

21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Bitch.

This goes beyond being a bitch. How is it any different than Cyril Smith going meting out the exact same punishment in kid's homes?

• Site Supporter
Just now, MickyD said:

Paedophile?

Maybe.

Does that need a sexual context to it though?

I know he said bare arses but that may have been just to inflict more pain. Who knows.

All a bit semantics; fair to say it's child abuse of some description.

Let the authorities deal with stuff like that.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe.

Does that need a sexual context to it though?

I know he said bare arses but that may have been just to inflict more pain. Who knows.

All a bit semantics; fair to say it's child abuse of some description.

Let the authorities deal with stuff like that.

Back to Cyril Smith then; sexual deviant or just a willing volunteer to dish out punishment without sexual context? Deviant for me.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Back to Cyril Smith then; sexual deviant or just a willing volunteer to dish out punishment without sexual context? Deviant for me.

Dunno enough about what was alleged to have happened; though I thought from news articles his crimes were sexual.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Dunno enough about what was alleged to have happened; though I thought from news articles his crimes were sexual.

Having just read the Wiki page about him it seems so. Though I thought the early claims had been the physical rather than the sexual abuse.

6 hours ago, MickyD said:

This goes beyond being a bitch. How is it any different than Cyril Smith going meting out the exact same punishment in kid's homes?

Aye. This was 1974.  She retired about two years later. Probably long dead now.  Easy to see how kids can be too frightened to say anything in such situations.  When you got your arse smacked the last people you'd tell would be your parents because at such a young age we thought we must have been naughty enough to have deserved it. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Aye. This was 1974.  She retired about two years later. Probably long dead now.  Easy to see how kids can be too frightened to say anything in such situations.  When you got your arse smacked the last people you'd tell would be your parents because at such a young age we thought we must have been naughty enough to have deserved it. 

And part of the issue was that a smacked arse was normal punishment  at home shoo sane thing at school wasn't really a surprise...

I guess.

On 04/10/2019 at 08:32, Mannyroader said:

Had a "clinic" in Lytham.

Once went for a few beers in town and him and Andy Todd (not the psycho one) came along. Grimshaw was one very weird bloke.

Drove round in a red XJ6 Jag, even had a car phone and pager! 

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

The last time Cyril Smith saw his own knob, he was just 3 years old.

A story of a lecturer whilst I was at uni.

A similar stature to the afforementioned Smith. He would readily sup 8-10 pints at lunchtime, and was rumoured to have a length of string tied round his nob, to facilitate having a slash afterwards.

Can't remember her name now but we had a cover teacher for 6 months at primary school (she was semi retired) who was awful. She used to hit kids for no good reason - she once whacked the side of my head with a metal ruler - my ear was ringing for 2 days after. 

We were 8 and she was treating us like prisoners of war. There were times she'd keep kids back after class at lunch time and hold them long enough they couldn't have a proper lunch so they'd be stuffing dry bread down or something. Vile vile woman.

She was also keen on the old ritual humiliation of bringing kids up to the front and beating them in front of the class. 

I have no idea to this day what went through her mind.