Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Goalkeepers

Ands1

Just watched Ali Habsi have a bit of a mare at Manure & Jussi have a good game against Norwich,

Hows our No1 Ginger going on? not seen him this season yet.

I wouldnt say Jussi had a good game against Norwich. He actually had very few saves to make and I know that's not his fault but when the ball was passed back for him to clear he was bloody awful. Not one of them made the half way line and a couple went straight to Norwich players.

I wouldnt say Jussi had a good game against Norwich. He actually had very few saves to make and I know that's not his fault but when the ball was passed back for him to clear he was bloody awful. Not one of them made the half way line and a couple went straight to Norwich players.

He pulled off some great saves, he kept West Ham in the game.

Bogdan is not ready, I'm sure he will be a good keeper, but he has to learn to command his area, no physical presence.

If he was part of a 5 man defence, where everone knew their position, and played it, week in, week out, without it being changed every game he'd be ok. He must never know which clowns he'll have in front of him.

• Site Supporter

Only seen the bits BBC/Sky allow me to see so can't really comment on whether or not he had a good game. However, look at the facts:

The saves I did see were good, as in they were saves and the ball didn't go into the net.

Because of this the record shows it was a clean sheet; something Bolton don't do.

When kicking out, how can anyone whose job is to just put his foot through the ball and kick it as far as possible get enough accuracy to pick out only his own players? The ball hangs for what, 5 or 6 seconds? In that time the nearest player should be getting under the expected landing area of the ball. If Norwich players were doing this and WHU players weren't, is this Jussi's fault or the WHU outfield player's?

• Moderators

Bogdan is not ready, I'm sure he will be a good keeper, but he has to learn to command his area, no physical presence.

i remember some clowns saying this about jussi

in fact, they'd still say it now

bogdan is in danger of being ruined by coyle and his stooges

when he first cam in the team, i liked his willingness to go and get the ball, and moreso, his ability to actually do it

its now got to the stage where i'm surprised he catches a high ball and i'm fcuking amazed if a shot from outside the box doesn't fly past him

• Moderators

it was qpr :)

ok, bogdan has been shit all along

yet he was still chosen for half a season over jussi

whichever way you want to slice it, it doesn't reflect well on the management

team v qpr

Keith Branagan - Gudni Bergsson, Steve McAnespie, Jimmy Phillips, Alan Stubbs - David Lee, Mark Patterson, Richard Sneekes, Alan Thompson - Fabian de Freitas, John McGinlay

bogdan is worse now than when he first got in the team

He's certainly worse than he was in the Cup run the year before last.

His quickness off his line enabled us to play a much higher line.

Which accounted for our decent away defensive performances at Wigan and Fulham.

He seems to have lost a bit of confidence.

But he will come good with the right coaching.

A season or so back I thought Bogdan was & maybe still is the future, goalkeepers thrive on confidence & encouragement from fans, players & management.

I,ve not seen Bogdan regular but from what I've seen he's gradually loosing form.

We should of kept hold of Jussi or Al Hasbi for a bit longer.

How old is Bogdan by the way?

A season or so back I thought Bogdan was & maybe still is the future, goalkeepers thrive on confidence & encouragement from fans, players & management.

I,ve not seen Bogdan regular but from what I've seen he's gradually losing form.

We should have kept hold of Jussi or Al Hasbi for a bit longer.

How old is Bogdan by the way?

24, almost 25. (Born on my 40th!)