Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Would We Settle For The Appointment Of A Defensive Coach?

gonzo

just to appease the fans in the short term,would it not be a great idea to follow Arsenals route and appoint a well known defensive coach??

They were leaking goals for fun,bought Steve Bould in and now they have conceded 1 goal in the league all season.

who could we bring in??

whats say Alan Stubbs up to?

would an appointment like this stave the vulchers off just for now?

Remind me where they brought him in from.

ok captain pedantic...

they appointed him,he wasnt in that post before,the fact that he was already at the club make no difference.

care to offer a solution to our defensive coaching problem malcom,or do you just want nit pick at my post with condescending questions??

ok captain pedantic...

they appointed him,he wasnt in that post before,the fact that he was already at the club make no difference.

care to offer a solution to our defensive coaching problem malcom,or do you just want nit pick at my post with condescending questions??

I think its a good call as defensive organisation seems to not be of interest to any of the current regime. No idea who to get though?

Our problems are 2 fold.

Poorly organised as a team

Poorly coached on the training ground.

I reckon if we was organised on the pitch we could get away with poor coaches purely because our players are better than everyone else's.

Once in the prem then we'd have to have both to stand a chance.

The thought of McLeish makes me feel a little ill. I think it's the fact he just oozes misery and negativity .. and he's ginger. Sounds a bit too familiar for my liking.

We don't necessarily need a defensive coach per se, we just need someone who knows how to fucking organise a team and instill some discipline into the players.

Edited by DazBobParr

Its not just defence, we defend as a team. The players have no conviction in the system and formation they are being asked to play. They look confused, they are not blinded by positivity, they need technical coaching. One of the best coaches in the country is stuck with the kids to keep Coyle's clique intact. This is now reflecting on Gartsides judgement and leadership, I have no doubt as we keep being told that he's a fan but what does he expect to achieve moaning on twitter?

What after a good defensive coach ? A good midfield coach, then a good attacking coach ? The bench is not long enough as it is with unused talent.

I've said before, a good number two might work, but not just as a sticking plaster. We need someone for at least two or three seasons, to get us on the up, and keep us there.

A bit of stability might get us back to the days of decent loan signings instead of the ordinary stuff we are getting now.

The thought of McLeish makes me feel a little ill. I think it's the fact he just oozes misery and negativity .. and he's ginger. Sounds a bit too familiar for my liking.

I'd rather have a chance of winning than settling for a 0-0 every week. Then going down anyway.

And secondly, do we trust the current board to pick the right man this time?

The board CANNOT be blamed for the failures of the last 2 managers.

Megson was the correct choice and did a f*cling good job of keeping us up. The fans can hold some accountability for our decline. Along with mesons failings as a person.

Coyle was the correct choice at the time. Christ where's that video of the whole away end at Burnley hailing him as thr saviour. Gartside gave the fans what they wanted. And it worked for a while.

The board have done a brilliant job and everything they have done made perfect sense at the time. I have complete faith in gartside.

The club will be on its @rse with a new board.

Problem is there's people daft enough out there to really believe sacking the board is the answer.

I wonder, if Megson hadnt gone public on his hatred of us since his sacking, whether he would be a viable option. I'd bet with the current team he'd get us promoted....