Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Soldier Loses Leg In Afghan Bomb Blast - But Told He Cannot Claim Benefits

Freddie_Hill

• Moderators

Everyones assesed and re-assesed. One of the main problems is the right to appeal (like that chap is doing)

The appeals process takes ages and you still get the benefit while you are appealing. So you could easily claim the benefit, fail the medical after 3/4 months and still get benefit for another 8 months after that (like he is doing)

Once failed the appeal, they will then claim jobseekers for a bit, then start it all over again.

Same for everyone, army, no army, british, foreigner, black or white.

There was a story in one of todays rags about some scrote from Burnley in court for being a nuisance neighbour.40 odd and unable to work since he was 17 due to depression.Utter cunt!!!Get him to our place,I'll show him depression,the sad inbred fuckin' malingerer!Yet some bloke who's fought for his country and been wounded can't get fuck all.....makes my fuckin' blood boil!

I'm delighted to inform you that if an employee of yours told you he was suffering from depression and you called him a 'fucking malingerer,' it would in fact be you made to look like an 'utter cunt' by an employment tribunal.

The Samaritans.

Wish it was :lol:!Point is,people who actually work for a living get "depressed"but we just have to crack on.These toss pot politicians should sort out the real tossers instead of picking on people with genuine disabilities i.e.wounded ex service personnel with missing limbs.That bloody horrible fat mess of a "woman"on that BBC prog the other night,about that estate in Dingleburn."I'm on anti depressants so I wouldn't be able to get up if they did give me a job".Shoot the fucker,PLEASE!

I'm delighted to inform you that if an employee of yours told you he was suffering from depression and you called him a 'fucking malingerer,' it would in fact be you made to look like an 'utter cunt' by an employment tribunal.

I wouldn't have employed the scruffy get in that article.Every sympathy for anyone with genuine depression but is it the new "whiplash" type thing thats difficult to prove whether or not someone is genuinely suffering from it.

You obviously didn't read it then pal.

No i did.

you've obviously no idea if these people are depressed or not.

It's quite easy for someone who is trained to spot when someone has depression or is putting it on

The fact they take anti depressants and are on benefits for being depressed suggests they are.

But hey you're obviously a psychologist with an in depth knowledge of their individual cases.

I expect you'd feel a bit of a twat if someone with depression, you'd written off as being merely bone idle, were to take their own life.

Either feel a bit of a twat or accuse them of doing owt for a funeral payment from the DWP.

As somebody pointed out earlier, it's all well and good exhorting the jobless to get off their glassbacked lazyarses and get a job. There simply aren't many jobs going though...

That said, while slumming it in town today, I did see a notice in Aldi (their fruit and veg is good) advertising vacancies today so...Before anyone poo-poohs it, the hourly rate was £9.50 and 26 days paid holiday a year. I bet they don't pay that in Asda or Tesco...Aldi shuts at 9pm as well.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Spot on.

Folk who can work should.

However there's no where near enough jobs for all the people being booted off benefits too do.

The other month the BEN reported that the job centre said they had 1 job vacancy for every 10 people on their looking for work list.

I reckon only 3 of them are capable or can actually be arsed.

I reckon only 3 of them are capable or can actually be arsed.

Walking around our town today, I fear it's worse...

Some of the ner-do-wells who were knocking about 10-12 years ago, with caps perched on heads, pants tucked into cartoon socks and strutting about in Rockports or Reebok Classics are now knocking on for thirty years old and it isn't pretty. Most of these probably don't even know the end of a spade from t'other. Who the f*ck, in their right mind, would give one of these a job?

I overheard one of 'em moaning to (I presume) his missus, because she wouldn't give him £7.99 for a console game (she said she couldn't as "We have to pay Brighthouse today..." this is a genuine exchange, I was craning my neck to eavesdrop :)). Anyway, after a bit of "but whying?" he shut up and settled into a sulk.

He was about 3 years younger than me...They're nought but overgrown kids.

Edited by Youri McAnespie