Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 2 Leeds 2

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter

Pay attention

I don't post match reports, so this matters.

We have the best squad in the league. We made Leeds look very very shit and were head and shoulders above them in terms of individual talent.

What we lack, is a good manager. A good manager would take us up with room to spare.

He HAS to go, and now. A shame, but here you go. I don't hate him, I'm gutted he's not the man.

We should and easily could, piss this division.

• Site Supporter

We know. Well most if us.

Anyway

HT stats: Bolton 1-1 Leeds; Possession: 58%-42%; Shots: 9-3; On target: 5-2; Corners: 2-3; Fouls: 9-12

FT Bolton 2-2 Leeds; Possession: 48%-52%; Shots: 16-5; On target: 10-3; Corners: 8-4; Fouls: 15-21.

Pay attention

I don't post match reports, so this matters.

We have the best squad in the league. We made Leeds look very very shit and were head and shoulders above them in terms of individual talent.

What we lack, is a good manager. A good manager would take us up with room to spare.

He HAS to go, and now. A shame, but here you go. I don't hate him, I'm gutted he's not the man.

We should and easily could, piss this division.

Good post - agree 100%

Totally lacking leadership - on and off the pitch - and that is Coyle's fault

That team are absolutely clueless when not in possession

How many times were they left looking at each other?!

For 20 mons in possession we looked great; Spearing holding the rest of tem together and Eagles being unplayable

Could've scored 3 or 4

Then nearly concede, Knight turned inside out

Then do concede

Then fall apart

After the equaliser it was a 50-50 game

Confidence gone, lumping it long

Mears and Mills are shite

Adobe anonymous excepting his miss

Couldn't tell if it was a pen or not but I'll tell you this much; we get them against us consistently not because of a series of refereeing blunders, but because we can't defend. We panic. There's no structure, patience and the simple philosophy that sometimes in every game we have to defend.....just get on with it and do your job diligently instead of panicking an looking accusingly at everyone else

Have to say I didn't think the free kick for their goal was one, I thought Mavies got the ball.

I quite like Warnock; looks good enough to me

• Moderators

from bwfc.co.uk

the usual

Owen Coyle felt Wanderers’ display against in-form Leeds United was worthy of all three points in a game that ended level on Tuesday evening at the Reebok.

Wanderers, backed by a vocal home support, flew out of the traps and dominated the opening half with Kevin Davies opening the scoring.

Either side of half time goals from Sam Byram and Luciano Becchio saw Leeds take the lead against the run of play, though a late onslaught saw Bolton level through Kevin Davies’ second header in a man of the match performance.

Speaking in his post-match press Coyle said: “I thought we were terrific tonight – one of the best performance I’ve seen at the Reebok.

“If we’d have gone four goals up at one point I don’t think it would have been an injustice. We passed and moved the ball around well and the fans were fantastic in really getting behind the team.

“In the second half things got a little difficult, with the award of a non-penalty after we had a stonewaller turned down in the second half when Keith Andrews was fouled.

“We showed a lot of belief and trust in getting ourselves back into the game in the second half.

“I think Kevin Davies epitomised everything about the football club, not only in the way he took his goals, but his all-round play.

“Leeds United will leave tonight wondering how they got a point. There’s no doubt that anyone watching that game will have realised how big the gulf was between the two teams.

“Some of our play was outstanding and we probably could have secured the win, accepting that El-Hadji Diouf had a chance in the last minute.

“There’s no doubt that we responded well to going behind and we need to maintain that standard from now on.

“We want to be sitting in the pole positions – we’re not there yet, but we will be.”

Most inconsistent teams are described as such over a season or say away from home we're inconsistent over 10 fucking minutes I just find it totally baffling how that group of players can be so good then so bad so quickly and with so little prompting it must be organisation and belief what else sat in manny airport picking up the olds trying to think how I describe our performances to my old man and I've no idea baffling - coyles description of how good we were and some reaction on here to how bad we were are equally as ridiculous IMO but it is just not happening I can't see any reason to keep coyle but singing songs about promotion when we go a goal up and then booing subs and apoplectic reactions we're disappearing up our arse as a club again it's not good

maybe thats why pre season isn't 'all about fitness'

i remember one or two 'pros' saying it was

i got slated for showing my concern over pre season performances, well heres to the ones who did it "fuck you, i was right once again"

sack that cunt ffs

Guest Frandsen08

advice and a small amount of fitness training is preseason training. The rest of fitness training is down to the players themselves.

Euxton must of got a new ping pong table in when ball retention and chasing down in packs was on the agenda.

To be fair, getting the ball back again and defending as a group and as units should be done on an ongoing basis shouldn't it?

Set plays

Scenarios

Apparently (and I hate to hark back to this)it was constant under Allardyce. And guess what....we were a lot better at it

Noises out of the reebok that they don't do it now appear to be reflected on the pitch

Edited by jules_darby

If we could play well for longer periods in the game it would help.

For the first 30 minutes, we attacked at pace and caused them all sorts of problems.

We have done this in spells in a few games. But we missed more chances.

Then, we give a daft free kick away and don't defend, so they are on the up going into half time.

We start the second half as sluggish as we always do and how many times do we concede early in the second half.

Seemed to lose our way again and were poor for me second half.

Overall, more lostpoints against an average side.

As pointed out, the personnel on the pitch is good enough..................

Have we papered over the cracks for a few more weeks ?

from bwfc.co.uk

the usual

the bit in the quote from bwfc about kevin davies epitomising everything about the club,yes that's true,we're stuck in the past and living on the 'glory' days.

we need mobile pacy forwards to run at defenders,plenty of teams in this division have got them. our scouting network musn't be up to scratch anymore if we're content with having arsenal's kids who certainly aren't good enough even in the championship.

i'm sick to death of hearing how we're playing good stuff and dominating sides yet not taking all three points. Coyle - stick to ping pong or maybe take up cricket due to amount of spin you turn,week in week out. Have you no shame man ?

• Moderators

To be fair, getting the ball back again and defending as a group and as units should be done on an ongoing basis shouldn't it?

it should

ongoing would suggest it should be happening during pre-season

it wasn't

we got told 'it'll be reet, it's about fitness'

it was fcuking obvious based on 18 months of it not happening that it wouldn't be reet

Not good enough, angry again that a poor team with little ability except Diouf can basically just break up play and then score a goal from a simple set piece, at 2-1 down we looked lost bereft of ideas, There was no direction from the management as to how to combat Leeds spoiling play when Leeds started to get tough we had no leaders no characters and that's what you needat this level,, that said we should have been 2-3 up and there would have been no return, if the defence could just do there job and stop teams scoring we would walk this league.