Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coyle Rumour

anewman

That's what I meant in my original post. Related to this, I had a look at the fixtures up to and including New Year's Day. I realistically estimated we'd be on 31 points by then. I'd have to defer to a statistician like Malcolm, but I'd hazard a guess this is by no means adrift of the play-offs.

Meaning, we could grit our teeth and put up with this sequence of ; shit result, shit result, false-dawn win, scabby draw, shit result et al. into 2013, and then Gartside could still say were in with a shout in the play-offs. Those two questions in my original post deal with this. Is O.C. to be given until then (if our current form continues) and what quantifies an improvement/a signifier that promotion is still on?

Out of interest, anyone know at a glance, what position were we in at that stage (26 games or New Year) in the seasons we faced; Ipswich, Watford and Preston in the playoffs?

Edited by Youri McAnespie

whats the odds for us to go down?

On Betfair we're currently 8.0 (7/1) which puts us as 12th favourite to go down...

We're also 4.6 (3.6/1) to get promoted which puts us as 8th favourite to get promoted

.........which must mean folk think we are headed for mid-table which is currently about right