Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Can We All Agree

Big E

Someone raised a great point during pre match discussions last night when I said similar to Homer,which was...

If our sqaud is premiership standard,how come not one club in the premier league made a proper move for any of our players??

Someone raised a great point during pre match discussions last night when I said similar to Homer,which was...

If our sqaud is premiership standard,how come not one club in the premier league made a proper move for any of our players??

Because they were only good enough to be relegation candidates. Other EPL clubs will want mid-table standard players at worst.

A significant part of the problem is that the squad does not have a culture of success. For 6 years the team has struggled, so that eventual relegation was inevitable, sooner or later.

In reality there are at most 8 Premiership clubs in serious competition in any season. The rest are just aiming to stay in there.

In the BSA heyday Bolton was briefly in that elite, but it was unsustainable.

They are now in a truly competitive league, where any team can beat any other far more easily than in the top flight.

I think there are some players who still feel that relegation was unlucky, but irrespective of whether or not that is true, they need to work to win matches, and to keep clean sheets.

It's hard to lose your best player from league matches for 18 months and keep belief in your teammates.

It's hard when your best ballwinner ends up retiring prematurely and lucky to be alive.

Etc, Etc, Etc.

It's not an easy position to be in, the moreso when much of the fanbase has deluded ambitions, but the current position this season so far is deserved. What is most clearly needed is hard work on the training pitch for defensive set plays.

(And remember more teams are relegated from this league than automatically promoted)

• Site Supporter

The squad isn't good enough the team isn't good enough but we have players that are.

It's disorganized

Lacking practise of skills

Lacking teamwork

Lacking in understanding of basic football principles

Lacking in Bollocks.

I can see from my seat where players clearly ate struggling and conclude what they need to focus on in training. Why coyle can't is beyond me.

I don't think its that the players aren't good enough but they don't gel and work well enough.

When you start a job you bring your skills you know what you can do and change. After a few months without direction you get stale loose the drive and struggle to implement the skills you.used to use. It's the same.

All of our players lack the principles of shooting (they seem scared of shooting) getting a ball upfield to the forwards and not to Davies head ( when he just flicks it into the defenders). Counter attacking and getting into space.

If the balls on the floor outside their box its only a matter of time before someone fluff it and gives it away. We give no threat. But players like sordell are good players. Thus time last year he was knocking them in for fun so it can't be that he's not able

I think with a good manager and number two this squad is good enough. All through the club there is a despondency and as stated above, not a winning mentality. Unfortunately this spreads from the club to the fans and back to the players ad infinitum. We need a good clear-out of dug-out staff, a good confident manager and the rest will come. Even after a decent performance and result (against a busy and physical Leeds) I'm not confident that the man in charge can change the mentality at the 'Bok.

I'm waiting to hear Nigel Clough's views on our squad before passing judgement.

I thought you ended the argument because you were no longer arguing with an idiot?

As suspected it was because once again you were proved to be talking shit.

The squad, coaching staff and general running of the club is not good enough to be guaranteed a place in the prem. I am sick of hearing "we are good enough" we are not!

This is a forum, why the hell should we agree on anything?

Don't forget 3 of the players on the pitch last night are not even Bolton players, even with them in we are still not good enough and much more likely to be relegated than promoted unless we address our problems, particularly in defence. 10 games played this season, (including cup) 3 wins 2 draws 5 defeats, that is relegation form. I'm sorry but we have to change the manager he clearly is not up to the job.

Having watched the Newcastle v Everton game a few weeks back I looked at that and thought "were fucking miles away from competing with that standard!"

I agree with e.

Im sick of going the match, even drinking myself into oblivion rather than watching the game isnt fun anymore.

The longer we continue this happy clapping attitude the worse it is going to get. The players are not good enough. If they were we would be in the prem. I understand people wanting to back them all the way and being Bolton through and through but come on.....it is woeful

The longer we continue this happy clapping attitude the worse it is going to get. The players are not good enough. If they were we would be in the prem. I understand people wanting to back them all the way and being Bolton through and through but come on.....it is woeful

I'm not sure many of us are happy clapping pal. Whether you think our squad is good enough or not, shirley you agree that they're still underperforming and looking completely disorganised. This squad is certainly capable of being higher in the table than 17th position. Much higher.

• Site Supporter

A significant part of the problem is that the squad does not have a culture of success. For 6 years the team has struggled, so that eventual relegation was inevitable, sooner or later.

In reality there are at most 8 Premiership clubs in serious competition in any season. The rest are just aiming to stay in there.

In the BSA heyday Bolton was briefly in that elite, but it was unsustainable.

They are now in a truly competitive league, where any team can beat any other far more easily than in the top flight.

I think there are some players who still feel that relegation was unlucky, but irrespective of whether or not that is true, they need to work to win matches, and to keep clean sheets.

It's hard to lose your best player from league matches for 18 months and keep belief in your teammates.

It's hard when your best ballwinner ends up retiring prematurely and lucky to be alive.

Etc, Etc, Etc.

It's not an easy position to be in, the moreso when much of the fanbase has deluded ambitions, but the current position this season so far is deserved. What is most clearly needed is hard work on the training pitch for defensive set plays.

(And remember more teams are relegated from this league than automatically promoted)

You'll have anewman kicking holes in the walls Malc.

We should have been playing Cluj last night, not Leeds.

I can't think of a single other team in this division that I can look at, and wish that 5 or 6 of thier players were in our starting XI.

ergo, we may not have the best 11 individuals, but we have by far the strongest team/squad.

There's more than one manager in this division I would rather have though.