Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mick Mccarthy

HoldensHairdo

Keith hill, billy Davies, Nigel Adkins if chopped by soton. I'd even be tempted to look at a foreign coach as an alternative. McCarthy is such a proven failure, I see us worse off under him.

You see us being worse than we currently are? Really? How is that actually possible?

Mourinho? Guardiola?Unfortunately being 7th bottom of the championship with limited funds we aint gonna attract that much

Yeah just rule out arguably the best 2 managers in the world and settle for McCarthy. Is there no middle ground for you?

Guest Frandsen08

Keith hill, billy Davies, Nigel Adkins if chopped by soton. I'd even be tempted to look at a foreign coach as an alternative. McCarthy is such a proven failure, I see us worse off under him.

proven failure? hardly.

got three different teams in the playoffs, kept wolves up, and was sacked by the board when they looked like they had a fighting chance of staying up.

billy davies is laughable. adkins won't get the chop yet.

BWFCForum: The rumour doing the rounds now is that Coyle is having talks with club officials but will not be sacked. He's staying (unless he resigns).

From Twitter, apparently, I'm not on it.

Until I hear it from a man in the pub or from someone who knows a woman who's heard it, I'm having none of it.

Yeah just rule out arguably the best 2 managers in the world and settle for McCarthy. Is there no middle ground for you?

Theres a few id prefer to McCarthy but to be honest i just want Coyle gone regardless of who comes in. I'll think about the replacement when the axe has fallen, unlike the chairman i dont need to bother doing that before the current one is sacked. Anyone but coyle is the camp im in at the moment.

Theres a few id prefer to McCarthy but to be honest i just want Coyle gone regardless of who comes in. I'll think about the replacement when the axe has fallen, unlike the chairman i dont need to bother doing that before the current one is sacked. Anyone but coyle is the camp im in at the moment.

Yes, we need change.

I hope he and the rest of the clowns go today!!!

proven failure? hardly.

got three different teams in the playoffs, kept wolves up, and was sacked by the board when they looked like they had a fighting chance of staying up.

billy davies is laughable. adkins won't get the chop yet.

See the 3 play offs I can't argue, but the great Sunderland team who finished with 13 points who he built and awful wolves team he built who were well gone when he was chopped last season I can. Admittedly its 2 different divisions we are discussing, but I see no point in a short term appointment just to get us up.

• Moderators

have we not gone past the point where 'popular choice' is important

i say lets get the right bloke

it aint xfactor

i'd take shipman and bradys bastard son if we started seeing something logical in terms of selection and tactics

• Moderators

See the 3 play offs I can't argue, but the great Sunderland team who finished with 13 points who he built and awful wolves team he built who were well gone when he was chopped last season I can. Admittedly its 2 different divisions we are discussing, but I see no point in a short term appointment just to get us up.

haven't sunderland just sold a few of that team off at massive profit

isn't that what we were supposed to be doing?

strikes me mccarthy fits that bill