Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mick Mccarthy

HoldensHairdo

haven't sunderland just sold a few of that team off at massive profit

isn't that what we were supposed to be doing?

strikes me mccarthy fits that bill

Just wish that we had someone who could semi-organise the team. I reckon there's quite a few who could do a much better job than Coyle.

I knew that Millwall would be well briefed to play us.

Last season the train that I was on broke down and we got stranded.

Another guy on the platform was going to the same stop as me, so we shared a lift.

It turned out that he was a Millwall scout who went to watch the opposition.

He had been to the same game as me and you couldn't believe what he knew about the players of both teams.

A mutual friend is apparently doing the same job for a London Premier League club.

Meanwhile, Coyle tells us that we should concentrate on ourselves and not the opposition.

The sort of in-depth professionalism that Sam introduced has disappeared.

haven't sunderland just sold a few of that team off at massive profit

isn't that what we were supposed to be doing?

strikes me mccarthy fits that bill

I know Richardson went this summer, but not a clue on how much, I think they paid a lot for him too. Others I'm unsure on.

He ultimately fails at every club he has gone too, other than maybe millwall 15 Years ago. What's to like?

That's how 95% of Managers lose their jobs isn't it? It's very rare a Manager retires at a club having been loved by all throughout his tenure.

These Managers - your Riochs and your Big Sams come round once a decade if you're lucky.

Theres a few id prefer to McCarthy but to be honest i just want Coyle gone regardless of who comes in. I'll think about the replacement when the axe has fallen, unlike the chairman i dont need to bother doing that before the current one is sacked. Anyone but coyle is the camp im in at the moment.

and me.

Guest Frandsen08

COYLE going know where he's here for the long term

Gartside should resign as for COYLE if he loves the club like he said he does he should go now

Stinks of lack of ambition

is that a nailed on ITK factamundo?

COYLE going know where he's here for the long term

Gartside should resign as for COYLE if he loves the club like he said he does he should go now

Stinks of lack of ambition

Is there a reason why you have "COYLE" in big letters?

Edited by CWP

I think we all know, deep down, that Coyle is going nowhere for the immediate future if it's down to Gartside.

Gartside's position is linked to him and as such, he's not going to support sacking Coyle go unless he has absolutely no other option.

No option is when Eddie Davies calls. Davies has invested a lot of money into the club (not just transfers) during the Coyle era, some of which is paying off - like the youth set-up. But he's no fool and he'll know that another season out of the Prem will batter his personal investment.

I'd say two games after the break (which gives Coyle chance to rethink tactics) is the cut off point.

I know it's been said before but he should change the coaching staff. Promote Sammy Lee and get a new defensive coach.

We're skint and this would be cheaper than sacking and bringing in a new lot, including manager.

Sorted, thanks wanderer :glare:

Edited by bwfc87

I'm surprised Coyle hasn't played a 'joker' yet (apart from Tyrone Mears, boom boom), by appointing a fans' favourite i.e. Supa John, in some kind of coaching role. Another way to buy time would be to get shut of his coterie of buffoons, but I think he'll stick by them - he seems loyal if nowt else (apart from a nice guy).

I stand by my prediction of last week, he'll be given until New Year's Day and Leeds. This barring a run of say, five or six defeats.

I'd put up with this, as, even if results continue like they are, history suggests we wouldn't be adrift of the play-offs come Christmas/New Year meaning all would not be lost for a new manager. But, if Gartside gets rid then and the replacement is Mick McCarthy or someone of his ilk...Well that'd be very shoddy.

Then again, I'm sure the club appoint those whose 'face fits' with the board, rather than football reasons. I'd say this rules McCarthy out to be honest.

So then, is anyone else prepared to wait until Christmas, on the proviso we get someone decent (even if it breaks our tradition of 'matey' appointments), or should we get a baked potato in tomorrow?

You decide!

Edited by Youri McAnespie