Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 3 Bristol City 2

anewman

Same lads as at 4 lane ends earlier

Bristol City have always had a decent set of lads as long as I can remember when they turn out - they've done us before in town when at Burnden

Didn't think they would turn out today though !

seems we must be seen as a big club after all by the minnows...........well then,we'll have to show we are the big boys next time we meet

Notice they didn't come over the barrier to us in the west stand, they just stayed on the other side doing the standard cut throat signs. What did I tell ya, D Block mob. We're evil :D

I did shit myself a little bit when the lighter got thrown, blew up right next to me wondered what the fuck it was. Was expecting any minute them to come over that barrier, worst since Stoke that.

Them bully boy stewards are really starting to piss me off. The rocker lad who got thrown out in the second half, fucking right out of order that was. Yes, his dress sense is abit different but hes been sat there a few years now. All i saw him do was give abit of shit when the third went in!

Guest bwfcdan

Ah, yeh I know the lad. Definitely not a fighter, just giving back to the City fans what they'd been doing throughout the game. Our stewards are tossers. Fact.

seems we must be seen as a big club after all by the minnows...........well then,we'll have to show we are the big boys next time we meet

S you know this just won't happen....Bristol City have always been 'very' game, like Bolton used to be - but now we just don't / can't compete, not saying its right or wrong and TBH it belongs in an previous era.

S you know this just won't happen....Bristol City have always been 'very' game, like Bolton used to be - but now we just don't / can't compete, not saying its right or wrong and TBH it belongs in an previous era.

it probably won't happen but i'm willing to give it a whirl(for old time's sake)

Bristol have always been good and big numbers,Millwall will vouch for that. We've had history with them in the late 80's mainly due to Wembley,didn't think they held a grudge that long or cared anymore ?

it probably won't happen but i'm willing to give it a whirl(for old time's sake)

Bristol have always been good and big numbers,Millwall will vouch for that. We've had history with them in the late 80's mainly due to Wembley,didn't think they held a grudge that long or cared anymore ?

same here mate - I didn't think they would bother today ...but they had a decent mob outside of the Red Lion & Hulton arms earlier I drove past about 2pm and thought WTF

same here mate - I didn't think they would bother today ...but they had a decent mob outside of the Red Lion & Hulton arms earlier I drove past about 2pm and thought WTF

that just reminded me of when darlo came down to the greyhound in 87ish,200 handed and i turned white. bluffed my way out of it,telling them,town was inthe opposite direction

There won't be any CFS boyzzzzz left looking at the footage on the net. Crystal clear mobile phone footage. With that and the Scott's CCTV they will be being pulled on the M5 or the train now. It ain't very clever throwing a pint pot when there is CCTV everywhere. Was surprised there wasn't more police though

Back to the match. We looked very creative, spearing, skd and eagles had a great game

We are a class apart from the likes of Bristol, we just need to get the structure right

Mills and ream were garbage, they both seem to be behind their man when a cross comes in. Accident waiting to happen. I would try knight and ricketts at wolves (if knight can turn up on time)

I was standing outside The Harvester as their old boys ( and they were old) came out. They kept going on about Premier League cnuts and how the CSF had given us a bashing. . Most of it just looked like handbags and lots of posturing in front of families having a steak and chips. Losers

Positives

We won and 3 points will help

We came from behind, when the atmosphere was dire.

We succeeded despite ref being poor, SKD was fouled (held) as usual right in front of the ref and often got nothing.

Warnock was good really solid

Bog OFF had little to do..

Negatives (well reality really)

This was only Bristol City!

Jay Spearing's goal he miss kicked and was lucky it still went in

We were very poor in the lead up to thier 1st Goal, other teams will punish us worse if we carry on. When is Wheater back...?

Passed to much when we could have gone farther forward

Reckon there is damage to the Harvester, from the main road we saw 3 lads trying to kick the door in (on the right hand side) idoits

that just reminded me of when darlo came down to the greyhound in 87ish,200 handed and i turned white. bluffed my way out of it,telling them,town was inthe opposite direction

Remember that well. Arrived late at that game, took up usual position at paddock top and glanced over, small crew but all lads up for it. Some fun in town after that, ended with some OB stood on my toes pushing me repeatedly against the wall outside the train station.