Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ye Old Man & Scythe : Has Closed

wovlad

I'll make me own mind up when I've tried it.Can't be any worse than Halliwell Rd,can it?

It's alright, Shat. We're a bit yokely like but there's some decent boozers, some comedy ones full of mad old blokes who don't know their names, some loud ones with old folk dancing on the tables and even some poshish ones.

• Site Supporter

I've just run past the Toll Bar in Horwich. (More about running later).

It had 3 people at the bar, gazing vacantly at skysports news and wondering how soon they'll die.

I don't know how some pubs survive.

The Saddle, by contrast, looked a bit like an Alcoholics Anonymous "falling off the waggon" party had just started.

I've just run past the Toll Bar in Horwich. (More about running later).

It had 3 people at the bar, gazing vacantly at skysports news and wondering how soon they'll die.

I don't know how some pubs survive.

The Saddle, by contrast, looked a bit like an Alcoholics Anonymous "falling off the waggon" party had just started.

Got to love the Saddle.

We had an old dear showing us her new tablets the other week. She might've been trying to sell them but either way we tried not to make eye contact.

Suddenly, everyone seems to give a shit about the man and scythe

If half the people who are bemoaning its demise on Facebook actually ever went, it would be taking ten grand a night.

Exacertally. Oh it's terrible it's gone. You clearly didn't all go in did you or it'd be open?

Hopefully someone'll go in, redo it and it'll be a nice boozer again.

Maybe they could do like they did with Shambles and move it. To HTown, maybe? :D

devastating news

"get out, yer barred"

Hahahaha! I've been on the receiving end of that comment quite a few times in the Man, usually justified for being a pissed up dickhead........ still, if you want a spit 'n' sawdust pub there's still the D 'n' P. Though no pool table anymore. Good bands though and Neil's a top loon!

my partner is a very close friend of Jaycee and sees her several times a week. money doesn't seem to be the problem as rightly pointed earlier in the thread,and the business plus the trinket shop next door will be put up for sale very shortly.

i'm not going to spill the beans,but trust me as pointed out earlier as well,one big can of worms could be opened.

john was one patient guy and that's all i'm saying on this matter