Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Trance Music

Spider

• 2 weeks later...

I find Pete Tong's Radio 1 show on Friday night proper hard going these days. So much disjointed or minimalist sounding stuff on there.

Thought the same about Danny Howard covering Annie Mac earlier in the night mate. It does my head in that they decide what's popular and what's not. He said at one point in his show 'is trance coming back?" It never fuckin went anywhere.

ASOT is on tonight in front of about 90,000 people. Check the Ultra events and A&B sell out stadium tours across the globe.

It's bigger than prog house will ever be.

They should at least chop things up and play something different than house music with bongos smattered with drum and base.

Thought the same about Danny Howard covering Annie Mac earlier in the night mate. It does my head in that they decide what's popular and what's not. He said at one point in his show 'is trance coming back?" It never fuckin went anywhere.

ASOT is on tonight in front of about 90,000 people. Check the Ultra events and A&B sell out stadium tours across the globe.

It's bigger than prog house will ever be.

They should at least chop things up and play something different than house music with bongos smattered with drum and base.

Sorry missed this in the haze of yesterday, I didn't hear Howard's show but his Dance Anthems program has been un-listenable for ages. And dont get me started on B-Traits' stuff.

Things made somewhat better by me retuning my telly and now able to get Clubland TV haha

http://www.youtu.be/JjseOpGtS_I

Quality set from last night. Don't think there was 90k there though Gonzo mate.

I heard Armin actually played a decent set, unfortunately i was pretty much unconscious around that time :blum:

Kin ell did you go over for it??

Fair play pal, that's dedication!

Flicked through that set, sounds ace.

This too https://twitter.com/alyandfila/status/833738383847469057

Not fancy my mate Nicky at gorilla in a couple of weeks?

Matt Darey playing there soon too I think.

Kin ell did you go over for it??

Fair play pal, that's dedication!

Flicked through that set, sounds ace.

This too https://twitter.com/alyandfila/status/833738383847469057

Not fancy my mate Nicky at gorilla in a couple of weeks?

Matt Darey playing there soon too I think.

Yeah, highly recommended. Great venue, nice city. Plenty of English/Irish out there. Went last year and reckon I'm in again for next year. 

Boozing from 5am at Stansted wasn't a good idea at all though. Way too pissed by the early evening, left my phone at the hotel (not a good idea in a venue that big) and the first few hours are a bit of a blur. Dan Stone was epic 4-5am then Armin played a vinyl/classics last hour which was quality (didn't get that last year after PvD fell off the stage). Wandered into a free afterparty for an hour or so - some really bad states on show in there. Back to the hotel for breakfast at 8am!

I did see about 10-15 mins of Ben Nicky, not really for me but seemed to be going down pretty well in the 2nd room. I'm at Dreamstate in Brixton that night, i'm not sure 2 weeks will be long enough to have recovered from this...

Yeah, highly recommended. Great venue, nice city. Plenty of English/Irish out there. Went last year and reckon I'm in again for next year.

Boozing from 5am at Stansted wasn't a good idea at all though. Way too pissed by the early evening, left my phone at the hotel (not a good idea in a venue that big) and the first few hours are a bit of a blur. Dan Stone was epic 4-5am then Armin played a vinyl/classics last hour which was quality (didn't get that last year after PvD fell off the stage). Wandered into a free afterparty for an hour or so - some really bad states on show in there. Back to the hotel for breakfast at 8am!

I did see about 10-15 mins of Ben Nicky, not really for me but seemed to be going down pretty well in the 2nd room. I'm at Dreamstate in Brixton that night, i'm not sure 2 weeks will be long enough to have recovered from this...

Fair play mate, sounds immense. Deffo on my bucket list.

I can just about scrape a night in Manchester at the minute never mind Holland :D

Bet you've had some anxiety issues today haha

• 1 month later...

What was Ben Nicky like in the end Gonz? Getting mithered to go along to MoS in May for his night...

Haye-Bellew messed up Dreamstate for me the other week, didn't get in until 12.30, combined with a 20 min cloackroom queue the rest of the crowd were on a different planet to me by the time i got in. Paul van Dyk was quality though.

What was Ben Nicky like in the end Gonz? Getting mithered to go along to MoS in May for his night...

Haye-Bellew messed up Dreamstate for me the other week, didn't get in until 12.30, combined with a 20 min cloackroom queue the rest of the crowd were on a different planet to me by the time i got in. Paul van Dyk was quality though.

Had to fuck it off in the end mate. Long story but another nail in my clubbing coffin :(

...Ibiza is next for us mind. Above and beyond at amnesia same night as fatboy slim on our first night.

Back to the old pool looks good. It's on the prom this time, Scott Bond, Mario Piqoutto and chicane in Trance Room.

Had to fuck it off in the end mate. Long story but another nail in my clubbing coffin :(

...Ibiza is next for us mind. Above and beyond at amnesia same night as fatboy slim on our first night.

Back to the old pool looks good. It's on the prom this time, Scott Bond, Mario Piqoutto and chicane in Trance Room.

I was hoping you were going to say it was shit so I had an excuse not to go  :shiftyninja:

Trancecoda in Brum tonight for me. 

I was hoping you were going to say it was shit so I had an excuse not to go :shiftyninja:

Trancecoda in Brum tonight for me.

I've heard from a couple he was hard!

Like really hard. Good grief bouncy type stuff. Too old for all that leaping about now mate haha

Have a goodn tonight pal. Get the night nurse in for tomorrow night. ????????????

Well, yeah that's what I don't really get about it...isn't it just a slightly 'trancier' version of the late 00s hard house tidy/polysexual etc that seemed to pretty much die off?

I'll probably end up going, just not sure i can handle 3hours+ of it these days, especially in Ministry - the sound levels are pretty brutal in there.

Well, yeah that's what I don't really get about it...isn't it just a slightly 'trancier' version of the late 00s hard house tidy/polysexual etc that seemed to pretty much die off?

I'll probably end up going, just not sure i can handle 3hours+ of it these days, especially in Ministry - the sound levels are pretty brutal in there.

Aye it certainly has that feel to it mate. He's got a bit of cult following, reminds me of Eddie Halliwell back in 04/05.

Love a bit of Scot Project for harder stuff. Bit of a techno vibe in his stuff too.

Kent, if you like a bit of prog/ minimal techno check out Mark Dekoda if you haven't already.

Ace when you back at base and in the zone :)

http://www.youtu.be/sCa4TsAfFJ0