Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celtic

jazza

However, when religion is brought into the equation that's when it crosses the line for me. Religious tolerance is (and will continue to be in this multi faith land we live in) central to my argument and as someone who does care about his faith it probably touches more nerves for me than it would do you.

Now this is what I have a problem with, why do I legally have to tolerate all the medieval teachings and practices (and in some cases special laws) that come with all these cults in a modern society? And I mean ALL the mumbo jumbo creeds

Now this is what I have a problem with, why do I legally have to tolerate all the medieval teachings and practices (and in some cases special laws) that come with all these cults in a modern society? And I mean ALL the mumbo jumbo creeds

It's called respect for others.....just in the same way you expect others to respect you, your family, your property, your ethnicity and your right to practice your faith without prejudice should you choose to. .

It's called respect for others.....just in the same way you expect others to respect you, your family, your property, your ethnicity and your right to practice your faith without prejudice should you choose to. .

That's a two way street.

As long as there are those on British soil abusing our troops and openly supporting a terrorist organisation that has killed and maimed innocent people upon those shores, you'll always get people who think they are fucking filth.

I don't care what religeon or colour they are.

If they want to have their views then fine, have them on their own shores. When they decide to integrate into our society without abusing it then great, pull up a chair and we'll have a pint.

Until then, they can get fucked.

• Members

Bolty, I have no issue with people hating the Irish, that's your perogative and i'll defend anyone's right to hate what they want. However, when religion is brought into the equation that's when it crosses the line for me. Religious tolerance is (and will continue to be in this multi faith land we live in) central to my argument and as someone who does care about his faith it probably touches more nerves for me than it would do you. I think we understand each other so let's not have a protracted debate but just agree to disagree

No worries mate. I am an atheist to the core. My stepmother is a practising catholic from Limerick. Frankly, I don't give a shiny what religion anyone is as long as they don't try to push it down my throat.

The issues I have with that particular club are as previously described. No long winded debate necessary.

Edited to add - 'hate the Irish'? You have the wrong bloke mate. Have known and do know some cracking Irish folk. Ridiculous to tar them all with the same brush. Only those republican terrorists and those who would offer them support or succour are hated by me. Just them.

In similar vein, everywhere I go in the world I encounter a hatred for the english. Almost universal. I don't bleat about it, in fact, I have grown to see it as a badge of honour. They actually envy the massive amount of influence England and the English have had on the world and can only express this as 'hate'.

Edited by bolty58

But I take issue with having to respect something that I have no interest in, I don't believe in, there is no evidence for but has the power to influence the laws of the land I live in,but goes out of its way at every turn to convince me and others that its the correct way to live.

You then expect me to respect those "faiths" some of which have practices and beliefs bordering on stone age behaviour? and these have to be tolerated because they are packaged up within the whole dogma? . But if I point this out I am prejudice?

But I take issue with having to respect something that I have no interest in, I don't believe in, there is no evidence for but has the power to influence the laws of the land I live in,but goes out of its way at every turn to convince me and others that its the correct way to live.

You then expect me to respect those "faiths" some of which have practices and beliefs bordering on stone age behaviour? and these have to be tolerated because they are packaged up within the whole dogma? . But if I point this out I am prejudice?

I didn't suggest you respect their faith but respect the right of others to practice their faith without intimidation.

I didn't suggest you respect their faith but respect the right of others to practice their faith without intimidation.

Even if its abhorrent and from the Stone Age?

As a starter for ten I'll suggest the denying the right for rape victims to abort, kids to have blood transfusions, and wimmin to be treated equally.