Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hope Hospital

anewman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day i picked my mum up from the hospital, she phoned me and by the time i'd left our office and got there which was about 1 hour she was sat in the window waiting for me and a young girl was in her bed, she was told to get up and sit and wait because her bed was needed asap, it's like a conveyor belt

My three kids were born at Hope and we received nothing but excellent care for all three apart from one mid-wife with our first that suggested Mrs ST tear up her birth plan (she had chosen an epidural as her preferred pain relief) and go with just gas and air "it's a more natural birth" we were told. After a quiet, but firm, word in her shell like the anaesthetist was soon on his way and the epidural was sorted with 5 mins to spare before it would've been too late. No pain, the urge to push and a perfect baby, result! Needless to say we didn't have any such problems with number 2 and 3.

I hope Anewman's mum is okay too

See I care for people with acquired brain injuries and from time to time have to take patients over to hope. I've never had any problems with them, but it is a huge hospital with many different wards. I understand nurses and HCA's are overworked, understaffed and underpaid. I go into work some days and get abuse from families and patients alike. But I know after each shift that I have done my upmost best for them. I never understand people who go into healthcare and couldn't give two shiny shits about the people they care for, they may as well be stacking shelves at Aldi!

I hope your mums ok btw

God knows how you could be a nurse, I couldn't

I salute you

I'm very sorry to hear the news about your mum. May the love of your family and I'm sure that the support of your friends on WWs will help you through the pain you're feeling today. I'm sure there will be many on here that will stand up and be counted should you need any help at this difficult time.

God bless and RIP

Edited by Salford Trotter