Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunderland 0 Bolton 2 Fac Replay

miamiwhite

Its just a bit of cheer after a shite season mate,dogshit weve been but a win lifts everybody. We'll murder yer :thumbsup:

As many have said pal, Magic of the cup and all that.

All presure will be on us!!

We could well be in the top 4 by the time rock up the 'The Boc', with a trip to Old trafford due up.

Big 2 months!!

As many have said pal, Magic of the cup and all that.

All presure will be on us!!

We could well be in the top 4 by the time rock up the 'The Boc', with a trip to Old trafford due up.

Big 2 months!!

Piss up eh,got 2 mates who are ST holders at Everton so will be on the piss all day.See you up there :drinks:

I don't need telling I know what it is, I'm asking is this shaping up to be White Hot 2.

You don't need telling what white hot 2 is (19 years ago), but you're asking if a future event is shaping up to be that event??

Aye, alreet. You really know what you're talking about

Shit a brick, Didles was easier

Bring him back

Sub for not so sharp(s)

• Site Supporter

Just got back from game. Well deserved win and not wishing to take away from the performance but Sunderland were pretty dreadful. First half pretty scrappy and forgettable with neither side able to put any passes together although Lonergan made one or two decent saves from distance. We came out in second half and were able to take control of the game. They had quite a few free kicks outside our area but wasted them all. Last half an hour we were all over them and Marvin, who tbh had looked out of touch til then started to turn it on a bit together with Spearing and, in parts, Eagles. Pratley did ok as did Alonso and dare i say Mears didnt do too bad.

Definite penalty and Marvin got a bit lucky with no 2 as it squeezed under their keeper. Holden came on for last 20 and trotted around a bit and not much to say, just glad he looked ok and kept out of Cattermole's way.

We never looked under threat. They were crap and their support feeble in numbers and sound. Our lads and lasses sang all the way through. Great night. Hope all those travelling back over the pennines have a safe trip.

Just got back from game. Well deserved win and not wishing to take away from the performance but Sunderland were pretty dreadful. First half pretty scrappy and forgettable with neither side able to put any passes together although Lonergan made one or two decent saves from distance. We came out in second half and were able to take control of the game. They had quite a few free kicks outside our area but wasted them all. Last half an hour we were all over them and Marvin, who tbh had looked out of touch til then started to turn it on a bit together with Spearing and, in parts, Eagles. Pratley did ok as did Alonso and dare i say Mears didnt do too bad.

Definite penalty and Marvin got a bit lucky with no 2 as it squeezed under their keeper. Holden came on for last 20 and trotted around a bit and not much to say, just glad he looked ok and kept out of Cattermole's way.

We never looked under threat. They were crap and their support feeble in numbers and sound. Our lads and lasses sang all the way through. Great night. Hope all those travelling back over the pennines have a safe trip.

I'm gathering you could not keep a straight face while typing that !

.'Small town in Scotland'-gotta love that

Just in myself, I'll wait for a few more responses before I claim the credit for that one! The Rhythm of Zat Knight was genius and all.

Really disciplined and controlled performance from the lads, the ole football was on display for quite lengthy periods at times. Granted Sunderland were poor (although not as poor as they were for the first hour at the Reebok IMO) but we could have had a couple more with maybe just a bit more composure in attack.

Alonso was the best player on the park for me with Spearing and Vela doing a good job of controlling the midfield and allowing Pratley to push a bit further forward to support Sordell. Afobe was a bit in and out but perked up a bit second half and (finally) gave a good impression. Lonergan must be due a run in the league soon, we looked safe as houses at the back with Sunderland pretty much restricted to set pieces and shots from distance.

• Site Supporter

It would seem Alonso is benefitting from finally staying fit enough to get a run in the team, I certainly hope so, I take no pleasure in seeing any of our players under perform.

Didn't go last night but seems like Vela did ok too. I think he would have been a big player for us this season but for his injury. Onwards and upwards, just need a few league points now to make sure we don't start looking over our shoulder

Be interested to know from those who went whether we've been good or if they've been shite. It's impossible to tell from the wireless.

Second half was the most complete performance from us in a long time. Whole team played well, special mentions for alonso spearing and pratley for me. Ironically the 3 who seem to have upped there game most under dougie.

• Site Supporter

Ah, the morning after the night before. Fantastic last minute decision to go T Shape.

Memories of Anfield many years ago. :-) lost my voice around 80mins.

Made them look stupid in second half.

Lasting memory, the 250 singing, your support is fucking shit!