Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Balls, Please

gonzo

Will do :)

Any tips other than he excellent tube station advice earlier in the thread?

Assume an open train tkt back to Manc is sensoble given it could finish at a variable time?

No matter what time your court finishes, there'll be play on another court somewhere, if Centre are still playing, sit yourself down on Henman Hill to watch it on the big screen. Play starts on the outside courts a couple of hours earlier than centre & 1 but your ticket gives you a ground pass so you can watch any games on those (except court 2 unless they've changed it). Time your toilet breaks as it can take a while to get back to your seat once play has started. Keep any bags you take small, you can take in 1 bottle of wine but that's it. Food & drink is expensive on site (we usually take a few M&S salads & sandwiches etc. in with us).

Court 1 is currently being made fit to have a roof, so they've taken off the spectator roof & it is now mostly open to the sky with no shade, so don't forget sunscreen & a hat.

No matter what time your court finishes, there'll be play on another court somewhere, if Centre are still playing, sit yourself down on Henman Hill to watch it on the big screen. Play starts on the outside courts a couple of hours earlier than centre & 1 but your ticket gives you a ground pass so you can watch any games on those (except court 2 unless they've changed it). Time your toilet breaks as it can take a while to get back to your seat once play has started. Keep any bags you take small, you can take in 1 bottle of wine but that's it. Food & drink is expensive on site (we usually take a few M&S salads & sandwiches etc. in with us).

Court 1 is currently being made fit to have a roof, so they've taken off the spectator roof & it is now mostly open to the sky with no shade, so don't forget sunscreen & a hat.

Superb advice. Many thanks!

that girl needs a career change

sad really

She's apparently a whizz at Japanese railway connections. She's slowly moving up the rankings again but giving her a wildcard into Wimbledon is doing her game no favours, she'd be better off doing 3 qualifying matches to get into a groove.

• Site Supporter

Just been given tkts for Court 1 on 10th July

So excited I have a major hard on. If Nadal plays on it that day it'll explode

Why the love in with Nadal? A great player but I can't be doing with him. A time wasting, ass picking grump.

I always remember that interview a few years back when he slid down his seat by direct debit. Reminded me of one of his countrymen in the penalty box.

Why the love in with Nadal? A great player but I can't be doing with him. A time wasting, ass picking grump.

I always remember that interview a few years back when he slid down his seat by direct debit. Reminded me of one of his countrymen in the penalty box.

Loved him for years

He's humble and he's a warrior - an incredible athlete who is passionate and loves competition

What's not to like

Just been given tkts for Court 1 on 10th July

So excited I have a major hard on. If Nadal plays on it that day it'll explode

Nadal was immense you do not realise until you are there how hard he hits the ball. Top day and hopefully I will get another chance to go next year. 

anyone know who's side of the draw Warwinka was in?

He was in Murray's quarter, so Tsonga is the highest seed left to face Murray in a QF.

Nadal has Cilic, Federer Raonic , and Djokovic Thiem, although obviously there will probably be some upsets before then.

Loved him for years

He's humble and he's a warrior - an incredible athlete who is passionate and loves competition

What's not to like

And me, superb competitor but humble with it. One year when he beat Murray in a Wimbledon semi he was almost apologetic at the end as he knew what it meant to AM. Also part of the greatest final ever beating Federer.

• Site Supporter

And me, superb competitor but humble with it. One year when he beat Murray in a Wimbledon semi he was almost apologetic at the end as he knew what it meant to AM. Also part of the greatest final ever beating Federer.

Must just be me then- undoubtedly a top athlete, no argument there, but I just can't take to him.

On another note, does anyone else get annoyed when players receive umpteen balls, fiddle with them and then hit a load to the ball kids.

Been discussions before about issues with slow play- could stop by either only allowing a couple of balls or ensuring that all balls received must be carried.

Must just be me then- undoubtedly a top athlete, no argument there, but I just can't take to him.

Since somebody pointed out all his ticks, I've not been able to watch him.

His stepping over lines, always right foot first is the one I find particularly irritating............