Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Balls, Please

gonzo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

But ranked at 17 with no points to defend, it makes it easier for a player of his undoubted quality to get back to the top.

Indeed, if he gets anything like back to form, he'll roar back towards the top again.

I agree, the points system is definitely flawed

• 1 month later...

Its disappointing that there  still isnt a top quality youngster coming through.Zverev is the best of a poor bunch  up to 4 in the rankings  but he's got beat by Del Petro today, it's just a cake walk for Nadal and Federer right at the top.

• 2 months later...

talk of a hip replacement

thats a bit shitty

if he needs a hip replacement, then he's done, it's a shame, but he's won the slams and been out greatest ever tennis player, we'll be waiting a long time for another with his talent to come along I think

Its not the way to go out. I'm fairly sure he'd have wanted a couple of years on tour winding slowly down. As it is, he's going to finish at the peak of his career. Which is nice in a way, frustrating in another.

I can see him playing again (unless he needs the full op) but not really ever competing again.