Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Financial Fair Play

tomski

Am I the only person that thinks this will only keep the big clubs big and the little clubs little. Can't say I'm overly convinced this is the way forward or fair. Clubs like the massives and Chelsea will have a legacy from previous cash injections. While the scum and Liverpool will always have a big financial base.

If it stops Senior management of clubs such as Leeds borrowing gambling other peoples money on their way to the top, to leave the club in the shit when the wheels come off, then good.

Try as they might, it won't stop the Arabs and the Oligarchs from gifting a small amount of heir vast fortunes on stadium / shirt naming rights.

If this is done properly UEFA will assess the fairness of commercial rights charges.

Hence City could be excluded from European competitions..... maybe.

(but as said above the established "super" clubs will prosper (good old G14).

Your last sentence is my thoughts exactly. I know its pretty much always been that way. Just seems this will take it wider than its ever been.

I don't mind if a club has one man willing to pump billions in a la Chelsea / city. clubs like DMB and lpool who have tens of millions all putting in a little.

It's as broad as long for me

Exactly it opens up the playing field and individual clubs should take responsibility for their own financial welfare.