Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Brighton 0

miamiwhite

Superb dogged fighting performance against a team that can play good football. Typified by Medo scrapping like fook to keep possession in front of the East Lower late on.

Let down late-on by lack of fitness. Much better than it was, but several players hadn't got the legs to work hard at keeping possession in last 10 minutes. So Brighton were all over us.

Still a long way to go, but definitely heading in the right direction now. Three 1-0 home wins in a row. Just what we've needed for 3-4 seasons.

As said above, football at the Reebok has got interesting and involving again.

Edited by Rembrandt

Twatter says Spearing's quoted as their chap got sent off for kicking the referee??? Could be bollocks but on his way off he screamed in the Lino' face and I thought he was gonna butt him! Cock!!

He definitely caught the refs heels, I assume he then abused him for getting in his way

Shit me football got good again

Folk singing their way out of the ground; scrappy 1-0 wins at home

In the words of the great man br br br br brilliant

BHA the most petulant, whining, niggly team I've seen in a long time. Yes they were frustrated but what a bunch of nobs.

Twatter says Spearing's quoted as their chap got sent off for kicking the referee??? Could be bollocks but on his way off he screamed in the Lino' face and I thought he was gonna butt him! Cock!!

For me DP21 was fantastic again, Spearing very good, Eagles up for it, Chungy great running but decision making and execution still off at times.

Knight and Dawson still look so much better together; Dawson's organisation absolutely fantastic; we'll miss that when he goes massively

Really fascinating contest today. Are the days of being bored shitless at home games over?? I feel engaged again, it's fuckin ace

Well done DF and co, well done

What I was going to say word for word mate!

Folk singing all the way back to Scotts...

Big shout for Pratley today once again I thought he was superb.

They will be calling us Bolton Nil at this rate!

Would be cracking if we made the play-offs,but in all honesty I'm not that arsed if we don't...

I'm just glad the feel good factor is back...

COYWM!!

Not until July 1st we couldn't

I thought that but FL Regulations Section 6. sub 53.2.6 seems to indicate that a loan transfer can be made permanent at any time during the loan period.

I may of course be reading it wrongly

Edited by H

• Moderators

Superb dogged fighting performance against a team that can play good football. Typified by Medo scrapping like fook to keep possession in front of the East Lower late on.

Let down late-on by lack of fitness. Much better than it was, but several players hadn't got the legs to work hard at keeping possession in last 10 minutes. So Brighton were all over us.

Still a long way to go, but definitely heading in the right direction now. Three 1-0 home wins in a row. Just what we've needed for 3-4 seasons.

As said above, football at the Reebok has got interesting and involving again.

think you're wrong

he's happy to sit in and say bang it in the box cos we'll deal with it

like all these idiots screaming 'get out, get out'

aye, charge out leaving your man unmarked

think you're wrong

Majority of those who do shout that are idiots, but leaving a man unmarked AND offside is acceptable. And atleast one of our midfielders putting pressure on is required. Having 10 players sat in the box is asking for trouble

Edited by Eavesy

I thought that but FL Regulations Section 6. sub 53.2.6 seems to indicate that a loan transfer can be made permanent at any time during the loan period.

I may of course be reading it wrongly

has this slipped under the WW radar?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21654708

Craig Dawson: Dougie Freedman rules out permanent Bolton move

West Bromwich Albion defender Craig Dawson is unlikely to join Bolton permanently after his loan spell, according to manager Dougie Freedman.

Dawson has scored four goals in his last three outings, including the winner at Barnsley on Saturday

"I told Craig the deal. I'll develop him as a player and then I'll send him back to West Brom," Wanderers boss Freedman told BBC Radio Manchester.

"Hopefully they [Albion] will remember us for what we've done for him."

think you're wrong

But you're quoting extremities again. Sitting too deep is just as bad.

We can push and press from midfield whilst th defence pushes out when they can

We did it well a couple of times today due to the industry of Spearind and Pratley with N'gog helping out

As for fitness, I thought we looked good barring Chungy who looked like his legs had gone

Pratley has the best midfield engine I've seen since McAteer